Did I Make a mistake or just get unluky?

• Joshquan
      I was playing in a 5 cent/10 cent NL cash game on PartyPoker;

I am Dealt [ Qc Jc ] in the cutoff.

There are 4 Folds and 1 limper when it gets to me, I raise 3x big blind.

I then get called by both the blinds and the origional limper.

And the flop comes; [ 3c, 9c, 5d ]

The Small Blind Bets $0.57 and the big-blind folds but the limper calls. At this point my process of thought was that I had good pot odds to call with my flush draw. So call I did.

The turn came and we saw [10h].

There is another raise from the small blind, $1.38 which is called by the limper. At this point i only have $0.92 left and with the point quite high, and now having straight and flush draws I call and am all in.

To my initial delight the river shows [2c] which completes my flush, However, there is a check form the previously aggressive small-blind only to be followed by a $3.13 bet from the origional limper. The Small-Blind folds and the limper turns over [Ac 5c ] and takes the pot with the nuts-flush.

Thanks for any comments :)
  • 4 replies
    • darkonebg
      From the stack sizes I guess you are playing SSS.
      This is a very strict strategy.
      Read the articles!
      Then read them again.
      Raising with hands like QJ is not an option in basic SSS.
      Good luck.
    • RavinMic
      IMO, you should have raised more pre-flop. 4xBB + 1BB for every limper. This probably would have pushed the blinds off the hand, and the limper wouldn't have been getting such good pot odds to stick around. QJs isn't a hand that you want to get into a big confrontation with, so when you raise with it, you want to chase people off with your raise. If the limper sticks around, at least your pretty sure your behind at that point. After the flop/turn though, what are you gonna do? Priced in the whole way, just bound to lose at that point.

Sorry, had to edit, darkonebg is right. I didn't click in that your playing sss, my advice was for bss.
    • yaxkukmian
      The position is important, but gotta have some cards too. :D

Raising here is out of question (apropriate raise with apropriate cards would be 4bb+1bb per limper). But what happened happened, you threw 30c... but why calling that kind of flop? Don't try to catch the river, especially against two opponents!! People on that blinds call anything so don't try to bluff them and "use your position". Wait for the cards and don't throw your money away for trash hands. Like darko said - read the articles!
    • Joshquan
      Thanks for the feedback, i realise that raising Q J pre-flop probably was a bad move however i think this was a result of bordem as i had't had a hand in a long tym so maybe this made me play when in reality I shouldn't. Also, it was quite a loose table so I thought I would of had a better hand than the limper and then was hopping the blinds would have folded. This would probably support the fact that i should have raised to the 4BB + 1BB howeveri think the fact that i didnt was more down to sloppyness and rushign ratehr than indecision.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and i will re-read the articles and consider your points when i play next!