From 50$-5000$ (challenge ur mind)

• JohnCoffee90
      JohnCoffee90
      Silver
      Hey Guys,

my name is Kai aka JohnCoffee90 on PS and I am 25 and from Germany. I've been playing at PS for about a year now, having had good times (BR at about 400$) and bad times (busting BR due to bad BRM etc.), and now I am willing to get serious and erase my leaks to become a better (and hopefully someday a professional) poker player.
      I played 4 tables 6max 5nl zoom mostly, but made really bad decisions lately, so I'll start off fresh.

I am going to start playing 4 tables 2nl 6max zoom.

My biggest leak in 5nl is, that I am not able to fold AA or KK to a setmine (which is so probable, as so many call 3b IP w small pairs), which seems to not occur so often in 2nl - Some guy even shoved on me twice w K7s and i lost both w AA and KK to a flush. What are the odds?:D (Still bit traumatised by that)

I'll try my hardest to grind it up.

PS:
      I hope I did not violate any forum rules. This is my first post and I dont really know, if I should analyze my hands in this thread, as others open extra threads in blogs.
      Thanks and sorry in advance, if I've showed any misconduct.

Peace,
      Kai aka JohnCoffee90

---------------
      edit: first session:
      911 hands - +6,24$
      - swapped some Starcoins against $ and new bankroll is: 106,27$
  • 7 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Best of luck to you!! :f_thumbsup:

You can post hands here or in the hand discussion forum, or both. Pick whichever suits you best and gives you most replies! :f_thumbsup:
    • JohnCoffee90
      JohnCoffee90
      Silver
      Hey Vonki,
      thank you very much for the advice. I'll try it out here and see what happens.

Played another session today, where I had an insane heater, followed by an insane cooler. I managed to push my BR to 125 and then tried a shot at 5nl zoom, which lead to losing 20$.

I was in the SB w AK, 3b BU open he called, flop came A24, i bet and he shoves, I call, he showed AA.

I'll try to get it up to 125 again and then try to avoid those "all or nothing"-spots. (or should you take those spots, bc sometimes villain will show AQ or AK or even KK?)

--------------

Nightsession after having some drinks and playing pool:
      1783 hands (5 zoom 6max nl, 1 5nl) = +9,43$ and Im currently running in a 1$ MTT - lets see, what we can do there. Nights not over yet, but Im probably not grinding much except for the tournament, as I feel tired. Gonna post some funny hands tomorrow
      BR right now at 115.71$. On we go!
    • JohnCoffee90
      JohnCoffee90
      Silver
      nice hand from today, gonna post some from yesterday soon.. 2nl always amazes me :D
      went deep in the tourney yesterday, bankroll was up to 131$.

PokerStars Zoom Hand #154179472971: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2016/06/02 13:59:23 CET [2016/06/02 7:59:23 ET]
      Table 'Halley' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
      Seat 1: GreyWolf9999 ($1.53 in chips)
      Seat 2: romcool 31 ($1.30 in chips)
      Seat 3: Muad'Dib83 ($3.80 in chips)
      Seat 4: cellular24 ($2.61 in chips)
      Seat 5: JohnCoffee90 ($2.69 in chips)
      Seat 6: jfkc93 ($3.04 in chips)
      romcool 31: posts small blind $0.01
      Muad'Dib83: posts big blind $0.02
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to JohnCoffee90 [Ad Ah]
      cellular24: folds
      JohnCoffee90: raises $0.04 to $0.06
      jfkc93: folds
      GreyWolf9999: folds
      romcool 31: raises $1.24 to $1.30 and is all-in
      Muad'Dib83: folds
      JohnCoffee90: calls $1.24
      *** FLOP *** [6c Qc Th]
      *** TURN *** [6c Qc Th] [Qs]
      *** RIVER *** [6c Qc Th Qs] [Jc]
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      romcool 31: shows [6h 6d] (a full house, Sixes full of Queens)
      JohnCoffee90: shows [Ad Ah] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
      romcool 31 collected $2.53 from pot
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $2.62 | Rake $0.09
      Board [6c Qc Th Qs Jc]

I stopped for today.. Had some more suckouts w KK v QQ and AA vs 88 and losing so many pots in one session making the right decisions (7/10 were PF) is just soulcrushing. Feeling like i cant get any unluckier. So back at 101,00$.,

PS: when you look at those hands costing or winning you most in HM2 and 76s is the best and AA/KK the least profitable, thats awkward
    • AceRagdotcom
      AceRagdotcom
      Basic
      Hell yea good luck to you sir!
    • JohnCoffee90
      JohnCoffee90
      Silver
      Ty mate! Got up early with my gf, about to study and ill throw in a session afterwards. Lets hope that the luck is on our site today

PS: here are some of the suckout statistics. At least I got it in good most of the time.

okaay... I continue to have bad luck :D

he shoved the flop and caught his lucky 4% on the river :D
    • JohnCoffee90
      JohnCoffee90
      Silver
      ***Update***

I had some nice sessions and went deep in a 4,40 Bountybuilder, which I managed to satellite in.

Current BR: 144,01$

PS: Unfortunately I can't give a more detailed update yet, because I'm busy with working and studying, but I hope that I can post some report in the next days.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Kai,

Great blog and some nasty bad beats there :f_drink:
      I find what ever level AA KK are a definite all in situation. In the last few weeks they have really not worked out for me either. Best thing to do is just carry on and not let it effect you.
      I look forward to your next posts and wish you luck at the tables.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Matt