Stack
      MP1:
      $8,65
      Hero:
      $2,35
      BU:
      $1,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, BU calls $0,50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,65) 9:heart: , J:heart: , A:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0,10, Hero calls $0,10, BU calls $0,10.

Turn: ($1,95) K:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0,10, 2 folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,95

Ok, I had no idea of what to do here on the flop... the 0.10 bet seemed too low for me, so I called but actually if the guy had a flush idk what I was expecting xD .. Should I have played the hand as a trash hand??
  • 7 replies
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      I would probably stick in a raise and maybe even get all in on that flop... I would of course fold to any action on the turn
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You hold AQ and you hit A on the flop, that's a made hand according to the articles and it doesn't really matter how dangerous the board is.

...about the hand, you hit made hand on the flop and when board comes 3 suited you have to protect your hand a lot, so you should push the flop. It's rather small chance that someone hit flush on this flop, but you must protect your TP against additional :heart: .
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      You hold AQ and you hit A on the flop, that's a made hand according to the articles and it doesn't really matter how dangerous the board is.

Hmm, really? I think ppl LOVE to play suited cards on this low limits.. and with two players still playing, yeah I thought pushing was kinda dangerous. Also in regards of the 0.10 bet (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't bluff vs 2 opponents in such a dangerous board and if you were going to, you wouldn't bet just 0.10, I actually think the guy had a hearth or two on his hand and was just trying to make bigger pot to earn more $ with his flush.

Ok, so in conclusion.. next time I should protect my top pair hand with a board like this, but what if I'm not the first player to enter the hand?, I think I should fold my TP vs 3suited board if an opponent pushes in front of me, right?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Volrath89

Hmm, really? I think ppl LOVE to play suited cards on this low limits.. and with two players still playing, yeah I thought pushing was kinda dangerous. Also in regards of the 0.10 bet (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't bluff vs 2 opponents in such a dangerous board and if you were going to, you wouldn't bet just 0.10, I actually think the guy had a hearth or two on his hand and was just trying to make bigger pot to earn more $ with his flush.

Ok, so in conclusion.. next time I should protect my top pair hand with a board like this, but what if I'm not the first player to enter the hand?, I think I should fold my TP vs 3suited board if an opponent pushes in front of me, right?
      Yeah, people on NL10 like calling suited cards, but they also like playing all the junk they get. ...what do you think VPIP 45 and 33 stand for? Huge fish. ;) And speaking of which, betting 1BB in a 16.5 BB pot is pointless and fishy play, he could do this with anything.

On this flop you hold the best hand most of the time and you should put money in the pot regardless what your opponents do. Many weaker hands like weak aces, PPs, FDs will pay you off.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I agree with burek , btw, I think you are giving your oponents way to much credit, if the guy pushes this is a call since you have a made hand. mp1 is a donkey he could have 92o and bet this.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, push on flop, standard play. You should not worry about the board looking dangerous, it will look dangerous to your opponenst as well so you get great FE.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Volrath89,

Originally posted by burek2000

...about the hand, you hit made hand on the flop and when board comes 3 suited you have to protect your hand a lot, so you should push the flop. It's rather small chance that someone hit flush on this flop, but you must protect your TP against additional :heart: .
      Flopping a Flush with a suited connector is close to <2% or so , so go all-in post-flop :)

Best regards,
      Gerv