[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR, BB, 74o, bet on turn/river?

• pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.00
      Hero:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $4.37

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 4:club:
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 6:spade: , 7:diamond: , 7:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, MP2 folds, SB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.10) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.10) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.85 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $2.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of fours (7h 4c)

Hero wins with a full-house, sevens full of fours (7h 4c)

I think my play up to the flop is according to the book here (correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I should have moved all-in there already?). But I wasn't sure what to do on the turn and river. Just move all-in directly? I played like this to try to induce him to think I was bluffing and hence get some more money from him.
  • 4 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      I'd have played like this: Call him on the flop, I think you already have the winning hand there, so Id have just called makiing him believe I dont have such a good hand, and wait that he goes all in by himself (they usually do in this limits :P ), if he doesnt then you bet 1/2 or 2/3 of the pot and see if he calls, again they usually do.

As played on the flop, I think I would've make the same as you on the turn by checking, but on the river I'd probably would bet a little less, you scared him going all in :P . With a lower bet (like 0.30 or 0.40 I think) he'd probably have called, thus you'd have won more.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello pokerplayboy,

Flopplay is fine, you do not want to see a 4,5,8,9 or a Ten because of the straight possibilities

I like the Turnplay as the 4 is either a blank or your MVP card but inducing a bluff here is okay and let your opponent catch up a card doesn't hurt.

River: Standard shove well played!

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      By his flop play I believe he's on a draw, so I would push turn to get value out of him, because on the river you will not get any value if he doesn't hit. On the other hand, he will call turn, cause your remaining stack isn't that big and he will get good odds to call.
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Ok thanks guys. I understand there can be multiple ways of playing this :-) Could make sense though to bet on the turn instead of river as he's more likely to call the turn. Thanks.