Stack
      SB:
      $2.05
      UTG2:
      $14.53
      Hero:
      $1.98

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:diamond: , T:club:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, SB raises to $2.05 (All-In), BB folds, UTG2 raises to $14.53 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.98 (All-In).

Flop: ($18.66) K:spade: , 3:diamond: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($18.66) 9:spade:
      River: ($18.66) 5:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $18.66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and threes (Td Tc)
      UTG2 shows a full-house, kings full of threes (Kd Kh)
      SB shows two pairs, kings and threes (Ac Kc)

UTG2 wins with a full-house, kings full of threes (Kd Kh)

I think my push was correct in theory looking at the ratio of my stack vs. original raise. But is it correct looking at the stats of UTG2, especially considering the position from which he goes all-in?
  • 5 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Theory says if there's one raise after you, you either fold or push, and yeah you are right, your ratio in this case is an all in with TT. BUT, actually theory (or what I've read) doesn't say anything about 2 raises after you. However if you look at the SHC when there is more than one raise b4 you you fold everything except AA/KK, so I guess you should've folded here with TT.

I'm not saying u should only call with AA/KK in this situation, I think I'd call JJ+, AK and prob AQ .. but TT seems too weak to play here.

EDIT: oops, actually UTG didnt re-raise, he actually just called hehe. But anyway I still think you should have folded.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello pokerplayboy,

Original raise:Stack = 3 so push it with TT no matter what happens after you :)

It is important to note with what kind of holding UTG2 limp/reraises with etc.etc.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Thanks! You say according to ratio I should push no matter what. But also take note of what kind of hand UTG pushes with. You mean take note of this for other situations, e.g. when I play against him post-flop? So it shouldn't influence my decisions pre-flop, there I should just look at the SHC?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerplayboy
      Thanks! You say according to ratio I should push no matter what. But also take note of what kind of hand UTG pushes with. You mean take note of this for other situations, e.g. when I play against him post-flop? So it shouldn't influence my decisions pre-flop, there I should just look at the SHC?
      You write down which hands he limp/raises preflop. If for example he limp/raises monsters KK+, then you can easily fold next time he limps, you raise and he 3-bets you no matter what your ratio raise : stack is, because you will know he has a very strong hand, on the other hand if you see him do such a play with low PP, then you can easily shove any hand you raised with when he limp/raises you. I hope you understood something out of this clumsy explanation. :)
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Ah, understood, thanks. Crystal clear, no worries :)