Hi Everyone.

• grneyedblk
      grneyedblk
      Basic
      Just joined and just continuing my journey of Poker education.
      Live player pretty much local establishments in San Diego area. Online, still play to keep sharp play money tournaments until they get the laws straightened out.
      Will play any Texas No Limit game within my bankroll and at times will annoy some High Low Omaha games by being a calling station since I've never had any interest in taking it seriously yet. So far my calling station technique has worked but I don't do it often. ;)
      Have tried to limit as many leaks in my game as possible but lack strategy conversations so I hope that this site will help in that area and I look forward to assisting any that I am able.
      I'm an analyst by day so at times find myself bored with the analytics of the game and actually still do better by feel and reading the situations/players.
      I do wonder how much I can improve my game by applying the 'numbers' to my game though.
      Currently my logs show I'm hugely in front as far as "winning/losing" sessions.
      Hard to determine where my playing bankroll is though because:
      I sat aside $200 each week from income to play poker regardless of anything else.
      I usually leave my sessions as soon as I get a profit of around $200-$500.
      I've been doing this for about 6-7 yrs now with about 80% winning sessions the past two years.
      Reason it's hard for me to judge where I am bankroll wise is I always take my winnings and throw it directly back into my income for family. :)
      Now reaching a point where I want to keep it separate and build a completely poker funded bankroll while still adding $200 to it but not taking anything out.
      Looking forward to reading around the site and maybe asking questions regarding bankroll management and when I should stop funding it.
      Until then, glad to pick a site finally and hope to hear/speak w/ most of you.
      Goal was to play WSOP but once again work schedule won't permit, but deep down I know I'm not ready anyway. It would be just for experience. But next for sure as I just realized I now qualify for the Senior Division and didn't even know it. :)
      Good Luck to all you All Ins and may the river gods be kind.
  • 1 reply
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi grneyedblk,

Welcome to PokerStrategy :welcome:

One good way to get better at poker is to participate in our hand discussions. The most active members will be rewarded with status upgrades and we will raffle 50$ price among those who have at least 20 contributions in a month. You can get more information from here.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :f_drink:

Regards,

la55i