[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA vs loose guy

• JimmyPap
      This guy was reraising almost all my BU raises so I got AA and planned on trapping him..

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:club:
      3 folds, Hero calls $0,10, SB folds, BB raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $0,50, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($1,05) Q:club: , A:heart: , K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,10, BB raises to $0,67, Hero calls $0,57.

Turn: ($2,39) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,19, Hero raises to $2,38, BB calls $1,19.

River: ($7,15) Q:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $7,15, Hero raises to $6,71 (All-In).

Final Pot: $21,01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, aces full of queens (Ad Ac)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Tc 9c)

Hero wins with a full-house, aces full of queens (Ad Ac)

I dont know if it is wise to limp AA on BU or not, especially when there is a big chance to get no action for them. Could I play this differently?
  • 6 replies
    • Marky84
      if he's likely going to 3-bet your BU raise why did you limp?
      preflop you could raise/call ip vs this guy, then either c/r-b-b if you know he's not going to fold or just c/c flop, c/r or donk turn and try to get your money in.

as played for sure bet more on flop, you don't want to see a J or T but i guess you could flat a raise and go for c/r all-in on turn.
    • alejandrosh
      a better trap would be to raise preflop , limp/minraising from the BU is something weird. and you don't want him to feel weird to trap him.

why minbetting flop? he maybe has something and you can take him to valuetown , that's hard to do with minbets. and you give him odds to call with a gutshot , that's never good.

IMO raise preflop and bet stronger flop then you can be all in on turn easier.
    • nafar84
      Yeah imo the best way to trap with Aces in this spot is to normally raise the button as if you're stealing again, and standard c-bet the flop. Luckily villain probably isn't too bright, but if he was any decent the limp/minraise would be just TOO weird and he would smell trouble.
    • JimmyPap
      I played preflop like that just because of the specific opponent. I kinda new this would be his reaction..

The donk raise preflop and donk minibet on flop had the intention to induce a bluff from a very loose opponent. The minibet postflop when you hit big (like a set or higher) vs very aggressive players does wonders inducing a bluff.

Even though I floped the set of As I didnt like the board at all. Do I go broke in such a board vs a good opponent? or play more cautiously?
    • radyan111
      You always go broke, you have the 2nd nuts.

My advice is - don't try to be tricky, there's no need to do so. If he's loose and bad he'll pay you off anyway, and if he pays just a little attention to what's going on on the table he'll notice your strange play and get suspicious which is the last thing you want here.

And don't try those minbets with monsters vs. aggressive opponents too much - you're getting readable.
    • TribunCaesar
      Raise/reraise/shove preflop. Nothing else! Never limp!

Best regards,