[NL2-NL10] NL5 Top pair mediocre kicker

• mbml
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.20) J:heart: , 7:diamond: , K:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.60) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.60 (All-In), Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($3.80) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens (Ts Ks)
      SB shows two pairs, jacks and sevens (Qs Js)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sevens (Ts Ks)

What would you do? I had the top pair, SB didn't seem strong. I had a read on him that he likes to go all-in with middlepair to try and bluff people out of the pot. The turn card scared me a little cause I thought he might have called my flop bet even with 7pair and he might have been getting trips but he checked so I decided to bet. He pushed his entire stack after that and I suspected that he was bluffing so I called. And if I did not have a read on him, is it an obvious bet/fold on the flop?
  • 1 reply
    • Marky84
      you could iso-raise mp2 preflop, you have the bu :)
      with your read and his 50BB stack it's easy then imo. i wouldn't be too scared on the turn, he rather would've called turn and donk-shoved river with a 7 than c/r turn. at least that's the line i always face, playing against those middlestack donks :D