Go all the way

• LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I haven't been here for a while. I've played some poker two years ago, climbing from 2nl to 25nl, but then I stopped for personal reasons. I would try play again, starting from 2nl 9max and see what's going to happen. My guess is that the poker scene has changed quite a lot and the games would be pretty hard, but I will find out soon. It shouldn't be too hard to crush the micro/small limits.. I don't really have big goals, neither I know how much I would keep playing, but I decided to start this blog as it won't take me too much time to write and it could be interesting, who knows.. (and pokerstars stopped working for 30 minutes in the middle of my session X( )

Let's see how to post a graph..

This is in the last few days, I didn't have much time to play because of work, but I will catch up. I used to play 6-max, but decided to change a little bit and try my luck on full ring tables. So, I looked up some ranges, but I'm not quite sure if they're ok.
      EP: 22+; AQs+; AQo+
      MP: 22+; AJs; KQs+; AJo+; KQo+;
      HJ: 22+; A8s+; KJs+; QJs+; 78s+; ATo+; KJo+; QJo+;
      CO: 22+; A2s+; K8s+; Q9s+; J8s+; 56s+; 57s+;A2o+; K8o+; Q9o+; J8o+;
      BTN: 22+; A2s+; K2s+; Q7s+; J8s+; 56s+; 57s+; 47s+;A2o+; K2o+; Q7o+; J8o+; T8o+;
      SB:22+; A9s+;KJs+;QJs; 78s+;A9o; KJo+; QJo+;
      BB: 22+; A9s+; QJs+; 78s+;

Of course, I adjust them, but this is pretty much what I follow right now. I would appreciate if someone points what to add or remove on some positions.

I would try post regularly and yeah.. GL on the tables. :f_drink:
  • 28 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I would go slightly tigher on CO (unless players behind are confirmed nitty and in zoom it's probably OK too) and wider on SB. Most people overfold BB vs SB opens in FR (and in SH too at the nanostakes).

GL! :f_thumbsup:
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      @vonki Thank you for the response! It sounds good. As I think I actually open more on SBvsBB, but haven't changed my word document :D
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Yesterday was a good day, 3.5k hands, some $$, and looking forward more poker. I was working earlier and haven't played at all, but I'll do a session or two. The euros starts later on, the beers are ready for the next few weeks, who's watching it? My team didn't qualify, so I hope for some surprises and will support the underdogs. Poker and football, it should be a good month :f_drink:

I will write short daily updates, at least in the beginning, to keep me motivated!
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      I've played some hands today, 2.6k to be more precise, not too bad. I planned to play more, but had to do some stuff. The bankroll is slowly building and hopefully in a few days I can move to the next limit. Not very happy of the volume of hands, so should improve that. It's time for a party, though, and I need to catch up with the drinks. Maybe, I won't be too hangovered tommorrow and play some poker :f_ugly:
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Not such a bad hangover today and I couldn't resist not playing on a rainy Sunday. I've actually played quite a bit and made almost 4k hands. In terms of $$, the day was on the negative side, and I lost a few buy-ins, but I think I didn't play too bad. I found out about the pyramid challenges on Stars, but unfortunately the minimum is NL10 :f_cry: Also I got chromestar status today which means more points and get quicker to some cash rewards :f_thumbsup:
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Another quick update - keep going 3.2k hands, the bank is $116, and when I hit $125 I would try 5NL. I was quite sharp during the day and some good luck in addition made one of the sessions pretty profitable. Something that I found helpful is to not look at the winnings/losses until the end of the day. Better focus on the game rather than the money, right :profit: ? I like this shiny silver on my profile more :heart:
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      I had a nice session in the morning which gave me a boost to try 5NL. Then, I was supposed to work, but my shift got cancelled which meant only one thing - more poker. 3 small sessions on 5NL didn't go that well, I played only four tables just to get used and in case I start losing too much. It was quite boring, not enough action, and nothing memorable happened, at the end I was minus one buy-in. You can feel a difference compare to NL2, there're more agressive players who don't like to fold too much, which is cool. I would need to adjust a little bit and maybe try again tomorrow.
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I'll start with a graph this time:

This is since the start of the blog, mostly NL2 and a little bit NL5 at the end. I'm happy from NL2, going 8.7 bb/100 for almost 28k hands. Overall, with a solid play without many bluffs, it's easy to beat it. NL5 should not be a big diffuculty either, but my first sessions there weren't great at all. Anyway, I will keep going and crush it sooner or later. In the next 3 days, I will not have much time for poker due to work, but will probably still play some hands. See you next time :f_cool:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Looks great, well done! :f_thumbsup:
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Thanks @vonki! Trying to progress, I saw you doing great with your challenge too :f_thumbsup:

I played a little bit of poker today :D

Actually, most hands so far in a day. There were some bigger mistakes from time to time, but I will work on. Also, a lot more weaker players during the night. Perhaps, I should try playing more at the late hours. After the little downswing from the previous days I'm rebuilding and a new shot on NL5 is coming (it's like I'm talking about Nl500 :facepalm: ). I will keep you updated with my poker adventures.
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Good stuff guys, poker is going fine :f_p:
      I've built up the bankroll a little bit and staying stable on Nl5 for now. After the first really bad attempts, things worked out. Now the plan is to keep going, learning, improving until reach the next level. I would recommend watching King of Full Ring on the site for everyone starting to play full rings. It's pretty useful and shows a standard gameplay to follow on the micros. The title of the blog is changed to be cooler :f_cool: I will post a nice graph, maybe, on the next update. Bye.
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Yooo
      I couldn't even find where this blog is. A whole week since the last up..
      There was no much time for playing, too much work outside the tables. And more shifts are keep coming, unbeliavable.
      I can still post a nice graph, though. Wait a sec..

It's not that impressive, butt, it's not too bad either. These are all my hands of 5NL btw.
      5.11 VPP till I get SilverStar on Stars. Can I do it? Will see tomorrow.
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      June 2016 Sum Up

So, what happened at June? Let's see.. The achievements are:

* 55k hands
      * 6.84 bb/100 2NL & 5NL
      * $96.91 Profit

Overall I'm happy enough with the first month. Moved a limit up, played some hands, the game is going well. What next?
      I will give some objectives this time for extra motivation.

*70k hands (really depends on how many shifts I will have)
      * Move to NL10
      * Try playing 12 tables or more (the problem is that I play on a laptop and the screen is very small, but I'll see what I can do)

New month is coming, life is beautiful. I wish you all the best guys :f_thumbsup:
      Here's even a song..
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Another Update

Best poker day so far!

Always nice to brag a little bit :D I was free all day and the poker was going good. Following the set goals for the month, I started playing 12 tables since yesterday. I had dowloaded the multi table software from the pokerstrategy site a few weeks ago, but I just started using it from now on, which gives me only 13 more days or less until it runs out :facepalm: Though, I can play 12 tables even without the programme, but it would be more inconvenient. Anyway, it's good to push yourself and try to expand your zone of comfort. I will keep in touch :f_drink:
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Sunday Update

Sup, guys?
      I've been playing quite some poker. 43k hands so far this month with 3.08 bb/100. I keep learning every day, started to review more hands and read some material on the site. Also watched a few videos which gave me some insights. I realized my game could be a little bit more aggresive mostly when I'm on BTN and CO. So, I open more now from these positions and will evaluate the difference after a bigger sample. Another important thing is focus and concentration. Being able to concentrate for a long periods is really crucial. If I can play for 6-8+ hours on a good level without distractions and losing focus, it would be great. In this regard, I've minimised listening to music and podcasts while playing, and it makes a difference. I still play some podcasts when I'm bored, but not that often. I got a $25 rebate bonus and if there are not some big down swings, I will hit NL10 in the next few days.

Wish you luck :)
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      This week was a roller coaster :f_ugly:

In the beginning, I had a shot on Nl10 which didn't go very well. Then I decided that full rings wouldn't be so profitable in a long term and I have to change to 6 - max. I made some ranges, watched some of vonki's sessions on Twitch and played a lot one of the days. Well, this didn't go well either.. I lost about 6-7 buy-ins on NL5 and combined with the previous negative session, the profit of the entire month went pretty much to zero. And this was after 55k hands :rage: I wasn't running great, but I wasn't playing good either. It was quite demotivating. I went back to full rings to bring back my confidence, but on zoom tables this time. I've played zoom before, but nothing serious. So, the games were okay, but the players were too nitty to keep going with this format. Finally, I got to 6-max zoom, which is the format I would play from now on :D There're enough weak players, I can play lots of hands, and is perfect for my small screen. I also watched a zoom video by lemon36 who is hillarious, don't know if he is still around, which was helpful to see some of the differences in zoom.

It was a frustrating week, but I made some progress and I think I've chosen a better format. There's so much to work on my game, but I'll keep going. Time for a new chapter of my journey! Go all the way!

• LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      Back to the blog

Shit's going down man. One step forward, two steps back. Zoom is not my style. 40k hands and I can't get it. We're just playing preflop. Fold-raise-3bet-fold. No edge over the opponents whatsoever. I'm sticking to regular tables. Changed my mind a hundred times this month :facepalm: Don't get me wrong, it's all fine. The mistakes and the negative sessions made me watch more videos, read stuff, and learn about the game. I ain't giving up. Sooner or later the limits would be crushed. So, prepare for some 15 bb/100 in the future.

I will give a monthly summary next week.

Joey Diaz is a crazy motherfucker!
    • LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      July Update

Sup, guys? July was tough. I'm not happy with the results at all and I will need to put quite some work into studying and improving my game. Changing formats and not learning enough were a good recipe for disaster. The numbers speak for themselves:

* 114 169 hands
      * -0.46 bb/100
      * -$43.00

Terrible! Especially when you play NL5. I'm not even sure how I managed to be that bad on this limit. At the beginning, I was doing fine, hit $300, gave a shot to NL10, and since then everything went down. Maybe I need to go back to FR, I don't know. I'm thinking to play a little bit more zoom, let's say 20k hands, and depending on how I feel decide which way to go. Objectives for August:

* 50k hands (I just came back to Bulgaria yesterday and will stay here for the entire August. No idea how much I would be playing. Also quality > quantity this time.
      *Watch videos, learn and post hands for analysis
      *Crush NL5

I need to transfer my money to a new account now and will probably start playing again in the next few days. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the summer and the hot weather :) Wish you luck on the tables..

• LimitlessExp
      LimitlessExp
      Bronze
      I really need to improve this red line!

Still struggling with nl5 on the zoom tables. There's definitely some progress in my game, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I''ve been watching some of wizel's videos and trying to fix my leaks. The problem is they're too many :D ! The last few days have been one up and then down again. Let's point some major things I need to work on.

- Fold to 3bet (it's more of a gut feeling now rather than knowing what exactly to do)
      - Cbet (having a plan what to do on most boards)
      - Defending blinds, especially for BB

It takes quite some time to get to the necessary level, but the game is awesome. Keep moving forward, guys!