Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $47.35
      BTN: $128.50
      Hero (SB): $86.80
      BB: $50
      UTG: $108.95

Pre-Flop: J:heart: J:diamond: J:heart: J:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
      UTG raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $6.50, BB folds, UTG calls $5, CO calls $5

Flop: ($20) 5:heart: 7:heart: T:club: (3 Players)
      Hero bets $13, UTG calls $13, CO folds

Turn: ($46) 6:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $18, Hero calls $18

River: ($82) Q:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $33, Hero calls $33

Should I have folded the river as I'm only beating 88-99? Villain is 55/44 over 150 hands
  • 4 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      You are ahead on the flop 100% since he just flatcalls this draw heavy board and there is a CO ahead, as played I would lead turn and fold to a raise probably, he's on a draw but he could complete 89, or got 2 pairs with 6 now, he also could have pair+fd or pair+oesd here easily, but I think folding to a raise is still fine.
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      I slowed down on the turn cause I found his flatcall with CO behind to be quite strong. Come to think of it i prob should have gone with b/f on the turn to save myself some money.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrjorisa
      I slowed down on the turn cause I found his flatcall with CO behind to be quite strong. Come to think of it i prob should have gone with b/f on the turn to save myself some money.
      Yes that's what I meant, b/f turn, but why should he be strong? It's wrong to think so as it's not logical.

There is no hand on the flop which doesn't need protection and the board is very draw heavy.

I see him calling 3bet very light as his stats are crazy and he thinks that CO will call also. It's debatable of course how often will UTG have a draw here and not a set/TT/JJ and how often would he put CO on a draw in this 3bet pot, but I still think you are ahead on the flop way too often.

If I was UTG guy I'd think "ok, SB has TT+ here as he 3bet pre and bets into 2, if I call with my draw I let CO overcall so I play this very profitably!". If I had a set - "ok, the guy 3bet and now bets into 2 he definitely has an overpair here, CO could easily be on a draw since he coldcalled twice, I must raise to protect here and get value since SB won't fold his over because I have maniac image.". Like this :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet turn 32$.
      He wouldn´t shove turn unless he has you beat, but it is very hard to go pot control on that board.
      You can fold river, since every draw completed.