[NL2-NL10] Nl10: 88

• stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Well as I was told in this forum, I counted the minraiser an his caller as limpers preflop and raised to $0.60. After the reraise of UTG2 I pushed because my initial raise of $0.60 was more than 1:2.5 of my remaining stack.

So the all-in was ok, I think, I am more worried about the initial raise. Was this ok or should I back off in these situations as 88 will rarely be the best hand against 2 minraisers/callers?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.23
      UTG2:
      $12.21
      MP2:
      $8.63
      Hero:
      $1.70

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.55, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $12.21 (All-In), MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.10 (All-In), SB folds.

Flop: ($14.81) Q:club: , A:club: , J:diamond:
      Turn: ($14.81) 6:heart:
      River: ($14.81) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $14.81
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Next time, please post hero's stacksize, it's important.

According to the basic SSS you have to treat those minraisers as limpers and raise. In such a situation I raise to 0.80$(4BB + 2BB for minraisers and 2 BB for the caller, not sure whether judges agree with that) and you should prolly just push preflop, but as I said, I don't know your stacksize...

What concerns the initial raise, if you play with stats, look at villains PFR and if that's tight, then you should respect his minraise like any other, but if you play against unknown or player with PFR 65 like in this hand, then just play as mentioned above.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I agree with Burek, except for raising 2 BB per minraiser. I treat them as normal limpers and add only 1BB to my bet for each min-raiser. That's what I remember the judges have advised me to do, but let's see whether they have something new to add.

And posting your stack size is really important.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Ok sorry for the stacksize. I played arround with the settings and forgot to include that. Will do next time. :)

My stack was at the beginning at $1.70. I edited the first post.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stefu
      Ok sorry for the stacksize. I played arround with the settings and forgot to include that. Will do next time. :)

My stack was at the beginning at $1.70. I edited the first post.
      Then push preflop. ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi stefu,

Important to note is what he minraises with so you should be prepared next time if you face Villain again so making a note is essential.

As played I shove preflop with 88 but reraise to $0.8 isnt bad either

Best regards,
      Gerv