This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: J9o freeplay with OESD

• stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Got a freeplay and hit middlepair with an OESD.

So I got 8 outs for the OESD and 2 for the trip 9s, I think. The 3 for my J overcard are not that real I think, because he also could have 2 pair or overpair. For the OESD I also think that I should discount 1 out. So at the end I got 7+2=9 outs?
      These coresponds to odds of 1:4 which is less than the pot odds, so I folded after flop.
      Well I think this was an easy fold, but can someone go over my outs-counting to check whether I did it ok?
      Also I did not know what to do with the implied pot odds, are there any?

thx, stefu

Known players:
      Position
      UTG1

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 9:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.10, 7 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 9:spade: , 8:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.45
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      If we go really tight then I would give you 8 clean outs, you take 6 outs for your OESD, because you have to discount Q :spade: and 7 :spade: for possible FD and you can discount J's for 2 pair not really being an out on such a board.

However, it's important that you have a pair(sometimes the best hand on this flop) and prolly even more than 8 outs as mentioned, so I would check/raise flop and go broke against that villain.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's really tight. But with OESD + pair I'd play monster draw in my NL10 at least. Not even check raise, I would raise flop directly and go broke upon meeting resistance.

EDIT: On a second thought, I must agree with the others and discount at least 3 outs for the J's which leaves you with 10 outs. Which is not really a monster draw, and could be played more passively as suggested.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Stefu,

I like check/call or check/raise but I am not in favour of seeing 10 outs as a monster HU against a UTG+1 limper without history

I go for a check/call and evaluate the Turn because im Dutch and Dutch people like to see/buy things as cheap as possible :D

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      ok, so there is no way I could have folded this (as I did ^^)?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stefu
      ok, so there is no way I could have folded this (as I did ^^)?
      You can fold, that's okay but I think you have the best hand here concerning the draw :)
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      hm ok, thx!