This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 marginal hand freeplay

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.70
      MP1:
      $24.75

0.1/0.25 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 9:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) 6:diamond: , K:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.80) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.25, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.80

he is loose, i'm probably ahead. Should I 2ndbarrel?
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      In freeplay you should play only TP with J+ kicker, if this was the case, then you should value bet turn and push river, but since you have only 9 for kicker I would c/f all the way.

As played, I would c/f turn or go broke if you have some reason to believe you're ahead.

P.S.: What makes you think he's loose? He does have high VPIP, but his WTS and W$SD say he's tight postflop.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I think 2/3 pot bet on flop does the job , the flop is dry and you are heads up.

Since he is passive I expect him to bet only better hands than yours so check/folding is fine.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello mbml,

Originally posted by burek2000
      In freeplay you should play only TP with J+ kicker, if this was the case, then you should value bet turn and push river, but since you have only 9 for kicker I would c/f all the way.

As played, I would c/f turn or go broke if you have some reason to believe you're ahead.

P.S.: What makes you think he's loose? He does have high VPIP, but his WTS and W$SD say he's tight postflop.
      Bet Pot in Freeplays > Bet 2/3 pot

Best regards,
      Gerv