strategy

• maxaragio
      maxaragio
      Bronze
      Bringing food to a poker tournament benefits me in two ways. First, I always have something to eat if I am hungry, and I try to make it something healthy. Granola bars and nuts are quick pick-me-ups that oftentimes have good amounts of protein as well. I’ll make up a bowl of chicken salad or something else that I can store in a small Tupperware box and take along. This will provide me with a nice meal during the tournament and keep me away from the greasy snack bar.

Second, when I take food, it makes me feel like I am going to be in that poker room all day. Sure, I could run middle set into top set during my first orbit and hit the rail — that happens sometimes. But I know going into the day that I am prepared for a long, successful grind… and I know that when I do, I won’t go hungry!
  • 1 reply
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      That's nice. I once read a book from Jonathan Little - Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker. He dedicated quite a large part in this book about what to do/bring/etc. to a poker live tournament.