This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AT NL25 SH, call river?

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Would you call this river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24,15
      BB:
      $10,00
      MP2:
      $26,92
      MP3:
      $33,52
      CO:
      $25,00
      Hero:
      $29,58

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , T:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) 6:club: , Q:heart: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB calls $2,00, BB folds.

Turn: ($7,00) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($9,00) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $6,41, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $15,41
  • 3 replies
    • Purity
      Purity
      Bronze
      U showed alot of weakness on the turn which gives u a difficult decision on river. I would bet/fold the turn, meaning in this case u should see his donk min-bet on the turn as a check and raise it to 5$ or so. If he calls that he won't be inclined to make a move on the river unless he has u beat.

As played it's hard to say, u could see a bluff from a missed draw, a weaker Tx hand or alot of times u are beat.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Purity
      U showed alot of weakness on the turn which gives u a difficult decision on river. I would bet/fold the turn, meaning in this case u should see his donk min-bet on the turn as a check and raise it to 5$ or so. If he calls that he won't be inclined to make a move on the river unless he has u beat.

As played it's hard to say, u could see a bluff from a missed draw, a weaker Tx hand or alot of times u are beat.
      I totally agree, I shouldn't play for pot control that often. It's better to do with TPTK.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d probably raise turn to 6$, since you could be easily ahead and if he calls then you can take free showdown.