Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $8.31
      Hero:
      $1.74

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 3:diamond: , 3:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.85) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.65

I think it was wrong of me to bet this amount on the turn. Articles say bet 2/3 of the pot with flushdraw, but that is for the flop not turn, so odds probably don't justify this bet on the turn?

Once played though, I guess my fold is correct? Odds for flushdraw from turn to river are around 4:1, so pot would need to contain at least 5*0.60 = $3 to call his bet?
  • 7 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      I think you are making things a little hard for yourself, and that you should read the articles more thoroughly.

PF is fine.

C-bet versus 1 opponent is mandatory. Since you bet 2/3 of pot and this is >500% of stack then you directly push here.

As played on the turn you should again move all-in. You have 2OC's+FD = 15 outs = 30% to win here, and you have fold equity too.

As played there is $2.65 in the pot, and you will probably be shoving if you continue here, so its a virtual $2.79 pot, with 74c to call. 15 outs = 30% which is 10:3 and pot odds are near 11:3 so shove is marginal but correct in my opinion.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hero is UTG2 with ADiamond , QDiamond

read the articles again. AQ from UTG positions is fold preflop. yes AQs looks tempting to raise but dont raise and just fold such hand. as played you should always cbet on the flop against one oponent
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hero is UTG2 with ADiamond , QDiamond

read the articles again. AQ from UTG positions is fold preflop. yes AQs looks tempting to raise but dont raise and just fold such hand. as played you should always cbet on the flop against one oponent

as played you should call river. u need to call 60 for pot of 3.64 which is 1/6. and ur odds are better because except FD u got 2 OC.
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Ah, thanks you're right I should have folded and if not c-bet, and called his bet since I had the overcards to add to the outs. Bad hand. I guess because I have to fold 97% of my hands I get a little overexcited when I see AQs :)

Btw I didn't shove since my bet was 0.60 and my stack 1.30.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      If you are going to raise AQs from utg2 then cbet this flop , as played you have to push over his minraise.

all of this avoidable by folding preflop :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Fold preflop unless you know what you're doing.

On the flop c-bet 0.60$ and fold if you get reraised on the flop, otherwise push turn with 2OC's and FD.

As played, you have to go broke on the turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello pokerplayboy,

ALWAYS make a continuation bet when you are heads-up!

As played, c-bet $0.6 on the Flop and shove on the Turn when you see a Q, Ace or a like the 2 that spikes on the Turn.

Best regards,
      Gerv