Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $27.02
      Hero:
      $1.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 2:spade: , 2:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.20) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.20) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.20

Given that I'm in position and he keeps checking, could I have bet here somewhere?
  • 6 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      I'd just say that c/f is fine here, no need to overcomplicate things. Do you win the pot 50%-75% of the time by betting it? (I guess your steal bet is around 10-15c here). I'd suggest not.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      on this limit SB complete followed by check in 95% ot the cases represent pure air. u could make a small bet to steal the pot but still i would recommend u to stick to the SHC and the starting rules
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Against SB completer who checks to me on flop I always bet potsize, it's a safe bluff that works most of the time.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      why potsize? he has air most of the times and is folding to a smaller bet.

to answer your question you could stab the pot but imo you don't have to do this to beat nl10. but I expect him to have air and fold most of the times to a flop bet.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      When SB opencompletes you can steal by raising 4BB preflop(that's good if you have some cards that have at least some value e.g. range you steal with from LP, but even if you don't it's still profitable) or you bet when he checks to you on the flop, I personally bet potsize, 2BB isn't that much, is it. :)

Trying to steal the pot on turn/river doesn't make much sense imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello PokerPlayboy,

Either bet the Flop potsized ($0.2) or the Turn when he checks to you again.

But as played that is fine as well but I think that when a SB completes and checks twice, he has a nothing, noppes, nada, air ball.

Best regards,
      Gerv