Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,20
      MP2:
      $12,30

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.66 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 8:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,10) K:spade: , A:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP2 raises to $11,80 (All-In), Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,30

I should make a 2/3 potsized bet on the flop right? But wouldnt i lose too often with this kind of flop?
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You should make a c-bet always, and 2/3 is correct on such a flop. You will be beat many times, but the flop comes scary for your opponents as well, you can make some PPs fold, sometimes even kings...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Anduke,

Originally posted by anduke
      I should make a 2/3 potsized bet on the flop right? But wouldnt i lose too often with this kind of flop?
      No, you would lose too often when you do not make a continuation bet :)

Bet 2/3 pot and fold to a reraise is the best method in order to maximize your winnings

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      But how much chips i need to have after the cbet to call the reraise?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well no offense but I first suggest you get to know the basic things right before you start pulling some advanced stuff but I even fold 88 after a reraise because you basically have 2 outs which equilates into a 10% winning chance and that's not worth it
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      I mean, in my opinion there was a rule about having less than half of the pot left in ur stack, but it only comes into play when we are first in? Sorry, if im asking too nooby questions :)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      C-bet should be 2/3 of the current pot. Now if your opponent re-raises you (after your c-bet) you fold! (remember that the c-bet is when you have nothing, if you hit top pair or higher you are just making regular bets and then you move all-in).

Here are the conditions for the c-bet (continuation bet):
      1 - You are pre-flop aggressor
      2 - You face only one opponent on flop
      3 - Either he checked to you or you are first to act.

I mean, in my opinion there was a rule about having less than half of the pot left in ur stack, but it only comes into play when we are first in? Sorry, if im asking too nooby questions :)
      1 - If the 2/3 of the pot mean more than half your stack you move all- in directly.
      2 - EDIT: (From the basic articles) "If you raised pre-flop and at the start of the next betting round you already have less than half of the pot left, you also invest the remainder of your stack no matter what. Mucking your hand makes no sense as the pot is too big for that. "