Sunday Storm runner-up, coming back hot with the daily grind!

• samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Hello everyone! After being quiet in blogs for 2.5 years, I'm back! I'm going to participate in the "Get Rich or Die Trying"-promotion.

Brief history:
      - Started playing poker 9 years ago.
      - Beated low to midstakes MTT's.
      - Didn't have the right mindset for a proper grind and went on a huge downswing because of that.
      - Quit poker after a very tilting live-poker-experience.

Where are we at now?
      - Started again 2 months ago with a 25$ deposit, ran it up with an agro BRM to 500$ but already down to 180$ again.
      - Want to focus more on improving and game selection.

For the biggest part, I will be playing 45/90 mans SNG's with a 100 BI BRM. I will possibly also have a side-bankroll on Unibet to get some SP here, but I won't take that money into account for the promotion.

I will post resuls and hands of spots in which I was in doubt and hopefully I'll get feedback and support from you guys!
      I'm from Belgium btw so I might make some language mistakes, it is allowed to let me know when I do ;)
  • 217 replies
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Starting Bankroll: 180$
      Maingame: 45-Man SNG
      Goal: 1000$

Couple of rules for myself:

1. I will use a 100 BI BRM but i'll take a little shot when I have ~75 BI for the next level:
      [*] LEVEL 1 - $1.50: 180$ - 275$ (move down at 100$)
      [*] LEVEL 2 - $3.50: 275$ - 525$ (move down at 200$)
      [*] LEVEL 3 - $7 & $2.50 180 men: 525$ - GOAL (move down at 400$)

2. From level 2, I sometimes will play a couple of MTT's when I feel like it, since 300-ish $ is a decent roll to play MTT's and MTT's are my maingoal in the future anyways.

3. I'll review at least one game every 30 games played, this includes posting hands, discussing them later on, ...

4. I'll try to get the hang of ICMizer and I'll use the 3 shots you have each day.

5. Another add to the challenge: I'll try to complete it in 100 days of playing.
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      First 3 hour session was not so good, ran pretty horrible. In the end, a third place limited the loss but after the first 15 games we're down 4.76$. Nothing to be worried about. Couple of ICM spots of which I'm not sure, we'll check those out later. Tonight, when the games run better, I might play another session.
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Day 1/100: Results

First session didn't go so good but the evening-session went pretty good! Since it's already late, I'm going to leave the reviewing till tomorrow but here are the stats of today:

Games played: 45
      Profit: +34.13$
      Roll: 214.13$
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Day 2/100: Results

Games played: 21
      Profit: -4.96$
      Roll: 209.27$

Losing 5$ is a pretty good result giving the run I had in the beginning. Had 5 5k-stacks lost with an 80/20 with kings or aces, all the rest were standard situations.

Upside of the little badrun, when I only had a couple of tables, it was 9PM and I was just in time to tune in to Collin's stream. Picked up some interesting spots which will definately help me so thanks for that Collin.

Tomorrow in the afternoon, I will do some reviews and in the evening some grinding :)

Cya!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      GL on your journey! :f_thumbsup:
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      GL on your journey! :f_thumbsup:
      Thanks Vonki, finally some interaction! :D

Day 3/100: Results

Games played: 24
      Profit: +17.24$
      Roll: 226.51$

Thank God I didn't decide to quit after busting my first 10 games in like 30 minutes :) Second part of the session went really well and although it could've been better because I lost some crucial FT AI's, I'm very happy with the session. Not the best session profitwise so far but our roll has a new all-time high!

Yesterday I already mentioned that I followed Collin Moshman's stream and I realised while watching that I'm way too tight in the early game. Back in the days that I grinded alot, there were for example no antes in the early game and I find it hard to adjust at this time. Collin's stream helped me out already for a little bit. I wasn't itm that much today but the games that I cashed, were big ones and the early game has alot to do with that. Doubling up early gives you the opportunity to mess around with the table at the BB160 level which can make you a chip or two.

Also marked a couple of hands in which I was in doubt whether to push / fold / call, I'll review them tomorrow afternoon. If I happen to bump in a crazy result, I'll post it here!
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Day 4/100: Results

Games played: 29
      Profit: -2.48$
      Bankroll: $224.03

Not the worst day, unlucky we couldn't win that last flip in our last game or we would probably have been HU instead of bustin in 3rd which would turned my minor loss into a minor profit but hey, as long as losing days are like this, and winning days are like above, I'm happy.

Didn't play my A-game tho, felt a little bit tired and maybe I shouldn't have played but it's not that bad :) This weekend I won't be playing, I'll be back on monday with my first week's results and another grind + review :)

Have a good one lads!
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Originally posted by samni
      I will possibly also have a side-bankroll on Unibet to get some SP here, but I won't take that money into account for the promotion.
      Since I really want to become "GOLD" here on PokerStrategy, I will be playing a bit more on Unibet from now on. Therefore, from now on I will take this side-bankroll into account for the promotion, because it will become a real part of my bankroll. I'll do all the maths concerning conversion from euro to dollar. I just hope I don't break any rules by doing this?

Week 1

SNG's: 121 (+ couple of tourneys)
      BR: 216.03$
      Profit: +36.03$
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze

Pokemon GO hype :D Only a few more days in Europe!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Already some weird thinks as happen with this game. I heard on Dutch news today they even some people that was going to a Hell Angel headquarters in New Zealand. Hopefully that kind of weird things will not happen here. That would be dangerous.

Further I wish you good luck with your challenge :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • PhantomR32
      PhantomR32
      Bronze
      Well now there's a familiar name! Welcome back samni, I have dusted off my Pokerstars software too. Thankfully not playing the same games as you are, don't want to be at the same tables with you if I can help it :f_cool: But who knows, I'm missing the 18/45 format, I rewatched some of my Bartos coaching vids, man I was so terrible xD
      I'm going to follow this thread, avoid the tilt dude!
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Thx for the replies guys!

@ SDK: I'm waiting for the official release in Belgium but I think if you use your common sense, not much really can go wrong. I do Geocaching also on a regular basis and you come in strange places too but using your common sense will get u far :)

@ PhantomR32: Thanks man, tilt is not really an issue anymore. I have the feeling that since I restarted, I can play with a bigger ease over myself rather than back in the days. Back then I didn't have a real income (when I grinded pretty high) and I needed to "live" from poker. Okay I still lived at home so I didn't have much expenses but still, if I wanted something, poker had to pay for it :)

Pokerwise has been a decent day. I think I have enough points now to become Silver tomorrow and also my Stars grind today was on the plus-side. I final tabled a 2$ 6-max, became fourth after being carddead the entire FT and no one wanted to bust. Cashed for 74$ and also put some Unibet money on Stars so my bankroll there now is ~350$. I'll be mixing up the 3.5$ 45 mens into my grind now, together with the 1.50$ ones but not until my roll hits 200 like the original plan. I'll move down again at around 285$ so if I don't run good the first two sessions or so, my first shot will be nothing :)

Going to fire up a couple of games now to end the day, I may post some results later on :)

Cheers for reading guys, Samni out!

Edit: first shot went atrocious. Perhaps I'm not even doing a second one, just grinding the 1.5's for a while longer isn't a disgrace :)
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Time for a little update.
      Not much to tell tho. Yesterday, I played some hypers right before the server restart. I cashed in all of them but I busted for final table stacks in all of them as an at least 70% favorite so thats pretty bullocks.

Today, I fired up some SNG's in which I ran meh-ish. Can't complain tho since I'm up 29$ for the session. I won my last 3.5$ 45 men of the day which kinda made up for everything :)

Almost broke tho on Unibet. I ran my 20€ up to like 80, cashed out a bit to put it into my Stars-acc but the runbad is catching up now, we'll see what it's going to be in the near future :)

Bankroll: 366$

Have a couple of interesting hands which I'm going to share probably on Sunday.
    • paulpkrward
      paulpkrward
      Bronze
      going to follow this thread the SnG's interest me as they seem super soft at the micro stakes

good luck

Paul
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Hi guys, long time no update :)
      Not much going on, played a few SNG sessions and BE'd those give or take a couple of bucks.

Tonight, I played a MTT-session and I binked 4th in a 2.2$ hyper-turbo for 125$, putting my bankroll on $440 again (which is only 110$ from my alltime high since I restarted) so that is nice, unfortunately I couldn't luckbox 2 or 3 times more to ship it.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He there, gratz to the bink! For binks it is forum etiquette to post a screenshot, ensuring further luck down the road...

CU,SvenBe
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Alrighty then :)
    • samni
      samni
      Bronze
      Just binked a second place in a 4€ bounty tourny on Unibet for like 45€. No screenshot for this one cause lolUnibet.

Went to Luxemburg for two days which was nice, weather was awesome, Gin-tonic was good and there were alot of Pokemon!