Operation save my bank roll.

• SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      Cant give enough thanks to the guys who put this forum together, but i feel like im getting hammered in NL holdem. I played a few sit and gos and was basically pushed out of most pots using SSS so i decided to try the micro limit cash games. To make a long story short my bank roll is down to 20 pounds after too many bad beats and a few buy ins blown while on tilt. I decided to jump onto here and start this blog to receive advice before the rest is gone. i will probably take a break for the rest of this week and read the articles instead of playing.

Any tips on what i should be doing?
  • 10 replies
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      you tried playing SNG's with an SSS strategy? that will never work there's an SNG stategy section, which wil cover SNG play here

The best you can do according to me, is either try paying SSS a bit longer, it is pretty swingy, but it might work out if you pay perfectly according to the strategy.

Or you could try 0.02-0.04 FL, for which you even have a high enough bankroll (12$ is wihtin BRM there)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Download ICM trainer , check out the articles and play the lowest sit&go's.

or check out basic sss articles, the strategy is very simple and should work fine to save your bankroll.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Actually I didn't know there even was a SNG section when I first started palying them. So I played using FL starting hands chart, lol.. After like 20 SNGs I found the articles but even before that I still managed to make some profit.. :D

But yeah, just choose your game, read the corresponding articles and watch the videos. Then take a shot at it. I suggest you start with the SSS since it is the easiest to learn and after a few coachings you should be a winning player on the lowest buyins..
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      well in a turn of events i just won 335 at my local $11 mtt (i believe thats what you guys would call it).

I sucked out twice all in first with Kings (min raise to not scare the limpers) flop came 10 9 8 i was disgusted, first to act 500 bet into the 1200 or so pot, 1500 over the top from second limper, i took a long time then called and caught a king on the river to beat two pair. Second time i raised (p9's) to 1200 with blinds being 400, 5 handed. two called flop was Q 8 7 two spades. bet 1200 again had an all in and a call. I took ages and called hitting the full house by the river. (both were loose but very make or brake situations) i had quite a few suck out on me though lucky i didnt bet to heavy into the rascals =D.

final table 8 players i was mid stack, was just all in twice folded the rest, no callers. and the guy to my right was giving me walks with my big blinds cause i had more chips (and he pegged me as a soft player wanted to go heads up against me) down to 6 im on the button and i get QQ, UTG pushes with little under 15000 (blings are 2000 4000) i call he turns over QJ suited. then i was big stack and the guy to my right kept giving me walks so i was happy. final three players the guy to my right being slightly short stacked pushes his small bling i instant call with KJ he turns over 9 5 (i knew he had shit) , king hits not long till he is drawing dead.

Final two only played 4 hands, i won 3 and folded my SB to him on the other.
      Lst hand was his push from SB with Q 10 me calling with AK hitting the king and the rest was rags.

Anyways im still going to read up on the articles and everything and probably hold out on playing the online poker till im better calculating odds. (im used to playing against people i can get tells and reads off). And ive got two poker buddies who are deff signing up so all is looking good.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      congratulations, winning a tourney is always nice, last time I actually started screaming like a monkey at 3 am ( I wonder what my neighbors think of me :D )

I sucked out twice all in first with Kings (min raise to not scare the limpers)

minraises suck, don't do that anymore ;)
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      Just bumped my BR to $21 so im crawling back. Im doing so much better in sngs now i think it was because i wasnt used to the online format.
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      lol well im definitely on my last legs, my BR is Sub 5 pounds now freeroll time? i think so.
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      Disgusting bank roll gone, i thought i may have been able to come back now.
      this was to be my last hand played for the session. he chased a straight for $4.24 on a .02/.04 with a flush draw on the table, =( lady luck awards bad play.

***** Hand History for Game 7709388835 *****
      $5 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, January 16, 03:06:58 ET 2009
      Table Table 125806 (Real Money)
      Seat 9 is the button
      Total number of players : 10
      Seat 1: sumiaki1912 ( $1.11 USD )
      Seat 2: maujla ( $4.85 USD )
      Seat 3: SeanB1989 ( $4.91 USD )
      Seat 4: mashrooms55 ( $5.04 USD )
      Seat 5: nkalyna ( $4.85 USD )
      Seat 6: AMG555 ( $5.20 USD )
      Seat 7: Runaway557 ( $2 USD )
      Seat 8: ivasanton ( $1.23 USD )
      Seat 9: toptiga ( $2.02 USD )
      Seat 10: ffalab ( $5.38 USD )
      ffalab posts small blind [$0.02 USD].
      sumiaki1912 posts big blind [$0.04 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to SeanB1989 [ 8d , 7d ]
      maujla folds
      SeanB1989 calls [$0.04 USD].
      mashrooms55 folds
      nkalyna folds
      AMG555 calls [$0.04 USD].
      ivasanton calls [$0.04 USD].
      toptiga raises [$0.27 USD].
      ffalab folds
      sumiaki1912 folds
      SeanB1989 calls [$0.23 USD].
      AMG555 calls [$0.23 USD].
      ivasanton folds
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 8s, 7c ]
      SeanB1989 bets [$0.40 USD].
      AMG555 calls [$0.40 USD].
      toptiga is all-In [$1.75 USD]
      SeanB1989 is all-In [$4.24 USD]
      AMG555 calls [$4.24 USD].
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
      ** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
      SeanB1989 shows [ 8d , 7d ] two pairs, Eights and Sevens
      AMG555 shows [ 9h , Ts ] a straight Seven to Jack
      toptiga doesn't show [ Kd , Ks ] a pair of Kings
      AMG555 wins $5.49 USD from the side pot 1 with a straight, Seven to Jack.
      AMG555 wins $5.86 USD from the main pot with a straight, Seven to Jack.
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      lol well my live game winnings are going well again. Came first in one and second in another $11 sit and go.

The one i came second in i basically folded my way into final two and then got Giped by lower cards making a straight. any two cards heads up really cant be angry.

the one i came first in was basically the opposite i pushed all in to work my way up from half the big blind to chip leader. was an awsome come back.
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      won another $11 pro game at my local. 87 runners, $390 first prize plus a ticket to for a satellite into world series and another into APL classic (250k tournament). woo me. sending my dead bankroll on pp 50 from taf program im going to give it another shot. tighten my game.