Spin N Go_Spiral the Globe

• Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      David, 29, New Zealand. Played sng's semi professionally 2008-2012 while studying but never really had the commitment/discipline/maturity to fully transition. Entered unfulfilling workforce but good $, got laid off 2015 due to oil downturn, traveled South America with payout, returned home start of 2016, couldn't face a minimum wage job, so have been hustling around for survival anyway I can, started playing spins with the leftover vip points and managed to run good and build a new roll through $3s, $7s and $15s, now have decided to have 1 more attempt at earning a viable income and sweet lifestyle from spin n gos.

The dream is to sell up and travel the world with gf from early 2017 funded primarily by poker. The purpose of this blog is to have a recorded account of this attempt successful or not, as a source of accountability, to express my thoughts and to connect with the poker world as it has been a lonely grind so far.
      Thats a start.

I purchased HM2 in the middle of May, so below are graphs for last 2 months.

July Poker Goals:
      -Achieve Platinum on stars for 1st time.
      -Contemplate joining a coaching/staking group.

$15 849 games 41.0% ITM 87 cEV/game

$30 466 games 35.6% ITM 67 cEV/game

$100 77 games 48.1% ITM Sustainable 106 cEV/game
  • 27 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      David lovely start. Wish you those results on larger sample and to travel the world with your gf in 2017 or sooner even.

Following of course!
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Platinum
      Good luck and see you at tables :f_drink:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello David,

Impressive start and graphs. :f_drink:
      Wish you all the luck in achieving your goals. Looking forward to reading future post.

Regards

Matt
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Cheers fullas, appreciate it.

A bit more about me as if this blog lasts awhile, the 1st and last pages are the ones that get read.

Im getting really into permaculture and horticulture, studying organic horticulture part time. After school, and 7 years at university this is the first time I've actually enjoyed studying something. It such a mindblowing subject, the fucked state of the planet and human consciousness affected by commercial agriculture......anyway dont need to go into a rant but I think this is where my passion and future lies.

Other hobbies/interests/addictions: Good food and exercise, seems weird but first thing that came to mind, foundations of my life that I really enjoy, I find if I'm not getting these my life can start to derail.
      I also love UFC, snowboarding, the ocean, psychedelics and climbing trees.

If you could have anything?

Little behind pace for Platinum, can only 2table on my 13" screen and my monitor screen looks fucked when I connect it, frustrating because the monitor works perfectly when connected to any other laptop and my laptop connects perfectly to any other monitor but this combination wont work and I cant figure it out.
      3rd world problems, much love to you.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Contacted few spin n go stables and joined one, seems like cool group of guys and the best deal around with videos, software and 1on1 coaching. If anyones looking to grind the spin and go ladder let me know, no experience needed, ill even throw in some coachings or hand history reviews myself for a friend referral. They have guys that started at the $3s two months ago and now grinding the $60s, looking to play $100s soon.

Ive been playing 15s since I joined as I try to implement what I learn and get use to using the HUD. 200games in and breaking even, not stoked with my game, its 80% there but Im just spazzing out too much. Need more discipline moving forward.

Bought a new monitor 24"
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      RIP spinlyzer
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      July Results
      879games 500ish $15s, 300ish $30s, 25 $100s
      $420 profit
      July Poker Goals:
      -Achieve Platinum on stars for 1st time.26 of 30steps, missed out due to dropping back to 15s & not enough volume
      -Contemplate joining a coaching/staking group.Did this to feel more confident competing at 60s 100s
    • Kamen992
      Kamen992
      Bronze
      Hello hope you make your dream come true and go around the world with your girl.
      Have few questions
      Why they dont buy you the best tracker for Spin and Go like PT 4 this holdem manager is not good option ?
      Why you jump trough all limits u run good and decide to click few 100s or loose some buyins and decide to jump to 100s and try to make money from there .Both case it is better to be more discipline this jumping through all limits most of the times dont end well .
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Hey Kamen, thanks a lot.
      I do have PT4 now but doesnt have seem to have tracked 100% of games and I dont really know how to use it very well yet.
      When I was running up my own roll I had aggressive bankroll management and felt the 100s were fishier than 60s so skipped them (dont know if true) thanks for your message though you are right. Now that Ive joined a stable, ill just play levels Im told, hope to start 30s this month.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Spent a few days on my Dads dairy farm and helped out, really good to have a break from a computer screen & spend time outside. But i need to get my shiz together & be more productive or this idea of travelling via poker will deflate & die. I will do what I can rest of week & come up with some structured goals for next week. Stable has given us a new & improved video pack so I plan to burn through the 12hours of info asap.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      hi

you have some nice graphs there

I am playing Spin&Go too.I think I beat the 7$ now and the plan is to move in a month or 2 to 15$ but joining a Spin&Go stable would be an idea too.I would like to ask you some questions about the stable if you don't mind.

gl
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Sure feel free man, fire away or pm me. I contacted a few and found what I believe is the best deal, but time will tell. Happy so far.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Schrader69
      Spent a few days on my Dads dairy farm and helped out, really good to have a break from a computer screen & spend time outside. But i need to get my shiz together & be more productive or this idea of travelling via poker will deflate & die. I will do what I can rest of week & come up with some structured goals for next week. Stable has given us a new & improved video pack so I plan to burn through the 12hours of info asap.
      Oh, that makes me somewhat jealous!
      Is it just like, oh, I go out of town and there are 10 dairy farms where i can just drop by and help out a little bit - or did you already have a connection there?
      GL with your goals! (.oO feel free to join our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! - addtional motivation incoming!)
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Thanks Sven, extra motivation always good. I grew up on a dairy farm, we are pretty much all farmers in New Zealand. Spring time here so cows are calving, busiest time for farmer get to do bunch of random shit, I did decline the task of my arm going elbow deep in a sick cows ass. Guess Im not a true farmer.

Enjoyable day, had yoga first thing, watched few hours of training vids & took notes middle of day, skyped the mrs who is in Indonesia atm, hung out with mum in arvo before boxing class in evening. Cooking japanese curry for dinner then Im gonna get sky high on the home grown.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Schrader69
      Thanks Sven, extra motivation always good. I grew up on a dairy farm, we are pretty much all farmers in New Zealand. Spring time here so cows are calving, busiest time for farmer get to do bunch of random shit, I did decline the task of my arm going elbow deep in a sick cows ass. Guess Im not a true farmer.

Enjoyable day, had yoga first thing, watched few hours of training vids & took notes middle of day, skyped the mrs who is in Indonesia atm, hung out with mum in arvo before boxing class in evening. Cooking japanese curry for dinner then Im gonna get sky high on the home grown.
      Why you make us suffer so much with our boring, European lifes? To come up with things like that I need to collect spectacular events in our boring european lifes for maybe half a year...
      At least we are able to travel from one to another metropolitan area in matter of maximum hours, while for you it is traveling from the ONE metropolitan area to the OTHER one...
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      haha true. studied vids all morning then went & checked out small bare land section out of town,thinking about starting a permaculture project growing sustainable food on a 1 acre section with a mate. This would be a big life savings investment, place has been on market for a while so luckily no hurry to decide. More research. Smoked up and went to yin yoga class in evening to settle the churning mind. Yoga while high is so good, highly recommended. Bit more poker study then bed. Night.
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      how's going? good blog
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Hey guys,
      to be honest the last couple weeks were not very productive for me, but that seems to be how i work, i dominate for few weeks then do fuck all for few weeks then get back on the horse and go hard again, ebb and flow. So this week will be a good one.

This coming week I will:

Boxing training x2
        Tai chi class x1
        Yoga class x3
        Strength training (gymnastic rings) x3
        Mobility and handstand work x5
        Horticulture class
        Coaching session x1
        400+ games
        Start TEFL course

along with my usual daily routines like meditation, cold immersion, fasting, reading, work in garden, copious amount of hours on youtube, oh and slither.io damn that game, i will spend next weekend at farm again.

Results were good enough to get put up to $30games last week, played about 300 last week, down a bit but im such a pussy when it comes to variance must learn to embrace it somehow.
      thanks for reading peeps, may the force be with you.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Found file with notes I took when reading treat you poker like a business, probably like 8 years ago.
      Never implemented these that well back then will try again today.

Treat your poker like a business notes;

Ch4. Are you in?
      -Create realistic expectations of hours towards playing and studying (~80/20?) and stick to it. 16/4 or 15/5 pr week???
      -Make detailed schedule and study plan. i.e. what type of study?
      -Forgo temptation
      -Be your toughest boss

Ch6. Assigning a value to your time
      -When your not playing you A game or in the wrong game you are wasting hours
      -Every mistake is costing you
      -If your doing something else during time set aside to play it is costing you money. you are eff paying your hourly to do that, even while studying poker.
      -As winrate increases dial back study in favour of play. cost/benefit analysis based on hourly to determine amount of study

Ch7. Practising effectively
      -Take notes while watching vids and slowly install what u have learned
      -use forum effectively to post hands, post spots that you find yourself in regularly and not sure what to do rather than 1off set v set type hands
      -chat w peeps at a similar level

Ch9. Know your margins
      -have your mind on margins even 1% in one part of your game will yield significant profit down the line

ch10. Metrics that matter
      -The single most important metric is hours played
      -If you commit to a process time and again over a no. of hours the $ will follow
      -Add hours gradually to sessions and will become easier to play for longer periods
      -Set time goals and keep track to ensure you are meeting them
      -Play quality and at table capacity the whole time

Ch11. Dealing with variance
      -To make peace with poker is to come to terms with variance

Ch12. Dont look at the cashier!!!

Ch15. Time for expansion
      -If your not playing max amount of tables (playing A game) then it is costing you

Ch22. Becoming a grinder
      -Dedication day in day out no matter how you feel or run
      -Mental Endurance needs to be built up similar to physical endurance, slowly build up for longer sessions
      -Willingness to be pushed. Quiting is easy, grinding is hard.Push yourself!
      -Get sufficient rest and time away from poker
      -Being automatic on easy decisions saves energy. Be focused on eliminating easy mistakes and review hard decisions
      -Remove mental mistakes like tilt, anxiety, focus, fustration they waste energy

Ch23. Mistake Hate
      -Mistakes are opportunities to improve, use them

Ch24. 10 most overlooked mistakes
      -Premature realization of skill
      -Missing small positives
      -Pressure to improve fast
      -High expectations
      -Blaming emotion for poker mistakes
      -Bluffing yourself
      -Quiting instead of tilting

Ch25. A new set of results
      -How well you played overall
      -Quality of thinking/decisions/focus
      -Number and size of mistakes
      -Length of time focused and playing well
      -Length of session
      -Ability to work through a tough mental or emotional spot
      -Take time to focus on these before the session and review performance after session

Ch26. Pressure can be good
      -use pressure to elevate your performance not hinder it

Ch27. Having a succesful relationship
      -Avoiding or competing in conflicts is ignoring eachothers needs and issues
      -Communication is key

CH28. The importance of a good diet
      -Diet can have a large impact on your game
      -Big meal before a long sessions
      -Have snacks prepared beforehand, eg water, fruit, shake, cottage cheese, nuts
      -Eat periodically to sustain energy levels

Ch29. Goal Setting
      -Those who set goals & are personally accountable are the ones who succeed
      -Make goals for study, no. of games, bankroll managent, not tilting, etc

CH30. Staying disciplined
      -Discipline is everything!!!!
      -Push the envelope on number of tables you play
      -Take notes
      -Tell people in advance not to distract you

CH31. To chat or not to chat
      -Usually dont waste time in chat, benefits dont outweigh loss of concentration elsewhere

Ch33. Hours of Operation
      -Rule of thumb: play when americans are not at work
      -Sundays and holidays are most profitable times

Ch36. Rakeback
      -Monthly Gross Revenue MGR = rake paid minus deductions
      -Deductions: spending points incur a $0.005 deduction per point from our MGR
      -Rakeback = 27% * MGR
      -Ironman store incurs deductions except $26 & $75 tokens or transfering to FTP's

Ch39. Must Reads
      -Everything you do outside of poker must be examined against the standard of what you could be making playing poker

Ch40. How will I know Im good enough?
      -You should constantly be re-evaluating the meaning of success as it applies to you
      -Patience is a poker players strongest virtue
      -There is a big difference between playing for an hour or two a night, and playing every day for eight hours

Ch41, Telling them what you do for a living
      -loud and proud

Conclusion
      -Manage BR conservatively
      -Make peace with variance
      -Set process oriented goals

Quotes
      -“It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” — Rocky Balboa, (2006)
      -“The greatest thing about tomorrow is that I will be better than I am today. I have no understanding of why people hit the snooze button. I don’t know how you could think any other way.” — Tiger Woods
      -“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
      -“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” — President Barack Obama