This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - QQ overpair on wet board

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Villain's stats are 10/5.5/15.4 over 55 hands.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.30)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($10.00)
      MP1 ($1.85)
      MP2 ($9.65)
      MP3 ($12.80)
      CO ($6.45)
      BTN ($2.25)
      SB ($2.00)
      BB ($16.70)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:club: Q:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.80, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: 5:diamond: 6:spade: 9:diamond: ($1.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, MP3 calls $1.10

Turn: 4:heart: ($3.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.70, $1.70 to Hero ($8.10)?

His call on my strong flop bet made me nervous, especially after the preflop reraise. Do I let the ladies go?
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      No! At least I'm not giving it up here, your hand's too strong!

Firstly raise to 4BB + 1BB per limper preflop. After calling his min 3bet you want to hit a flop which gives you an overpair and you get one, so you need to act strong, you're only beaten by two hands (KK and AA - I assume he's not 3betting with suited connectors or sth like that). The board is 2-suited so you might want to bet even stronger on this flop. He just calls and it's not really a strong play by him, I'm certainly betting that turn around 3$ (don't want to give AdKd or any Ax hand a free card here) and probably calling his shove.
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      No! At least I'm not giving it up here, your hand's too strong!

Firstly raise to 4BB + 1BB per limper preflop. After calling his min 3bet you want to hit a flop which gives you an overpair and you get one, so you need to act strong, you're only beaten by two hands (KK and AA - I assume he's not 3betting with suited connectors or sth like that). The board is 2-suited so you might want to bet even stronger on this flop. He just calls and it's not really a strong play by him, I'm certainly betting that turn around 3$ (don't want to give AdKd or any Ax hand a free card here) and probably calling his shove.
      nice analysis!
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      he looks realy nity so his range is preaty tight when he 3 bets your utg2 raise
      i woould check call flop and check call turn and probably check/fold river if he shoves . most players will bet 2 streets with overpair like tt jj but will check the river behind most of the time .
      but when they 3 barrel usualy they have a better hand then qq
      gl