Low Pocket Pairs

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      How would you recomend playin the low pocket pairs? (88 to 22)

In the starting hand chart I think it says to call in middle position or deffinatly in late position, however, when following this I obviously often just don't make a set on the flop and in the face of a bet, end up folding as my pair is often lowest or at bets middle.

Any advice?
  • 5 replies
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      Sorry, didn't notice this post was in Fixed Limit :)
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Avoid them................ ;)
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      My advice: follow the SHC ;)

You can limp in with low pocket pairs in very loose games (4 or more limpers in previous hands). But then You will be facing a lot of hard decisions postflop. Following SHC is a safe way especially at the beginning.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Joshquan,

you will make a set often enough to play these pocketpair profitable by the chart. :)

However if you notice that the table is very tight then better fold as you won't get enuogh bets in postflop.
      If the blinds are very aggressive you better fold as well as you have to pay often 2 SB to see a flop just to fold it unimproved.

Sometime your better low pairs are even good to play without a set.

88 on a 47T board isn't that bad and you can continue against one opponent for example.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Okay thnaks for the help, I will try to persist with the starting hands chart, I am only playing very low limits at the moment anyway so won't loose too much in any case even if I am forced to fold post-flop.