My experience

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      i find that often a c-bet will get called in the lower limits, and even a cc-bet on the turn however if you continue on the river and bet they will often fold if they havent hit. I know this would be deemed the wrong play however I have found it profitable against weaker players in low limits.
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Joshquan,

if you notice players do so then take a note that they do so. This could become very lucrative in the future.

Now how to play against these opponents:

- If you have a showdown worth hand (A-high, low pair) then take a free showdown. He will fold his worse hands anyway but call a lot better ones so you save a bet by doing so.

- If you had a draw on the turn with which you bet again against him you might bet the river against him to make him fold his bad hands whch are better than your hand. For example you had a gutshot or OESD on the turn and you semibluff with if. On the river you have nothing but J-high. With a bet you might make him fold Q-high up to A-high so it's worth doing so.

- If you have just trash on the turn after he called your flopbet the check behind and give up unimproved. It's just too expensive to bluff the turn and river. He will have a made hand too foten to let you do so over the long run.

Kepp asking and post hands in our sample hand forum if you are not sure about it. :)
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      thanks that was very helpful, i have often done it but not realy thought about the situation in much detail, taking your commentse into acount will hopefully cut out the times when i have tried it and been called by a better hand.

thanks again
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You are welcome. :)