This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH, KQo

• finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG gids ($47.78)
      CO D19 ($46.20)
      BTN Lundos42 ($50.79)
      SB spigge69 ($46.50)
      BB Hero ($64.08)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is BB Q:spade: K:diamond:
      2 folds, Lundos42 raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6.50, Lundos42 calls $4.50

Flop: 7:spade: Q:heart: 2:diamond: ($13.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $9, Lundos42 calls $9

Turn: 5:spade: ($31.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Lundos42 bets $10, Hero goes all-in $49.08, Lundos42 goes all-in $25.29

River: 7:club: ($115.62, 2 players)

Final Pot: $115.62

3b is because guy was raising like everytime from button. Postflop?
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I think I would bet ~18 turn , and call possible push
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Betting or shoving turn is not good. Only hand you get value from is QJ.

I try to check the turn (potcontrol) and call or fold to his turnbet (depends on his stats), reraising here is a big nono.

If both checked turn blockbet/fold river.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I agree that betting is not good.

Don't you think his play looked like a cheap float with 99, 1010, JJ or AK - any of them very possible in his range(I'd say that's a huge percent of the hands he would play this way). He would even fold AQ(probably) if he had that.
      That's my reasoning for the shove. What'd u say?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      Betting or shoving turn is not good. Only hand you get value from is QJ.

I try to check the turn (potcontrol) and call or fold to his turnbet (depends on his stats), reraising here is a big nono.

If both checked turn blockbet/fold river.
      Once you 3-bet KQ and hit that flop you get stacked.
      Players would float you on that boards a lot of times with medium pp-s and bet sometimes if you check to them.
      No way that you can get away here with KQ, so I like heros line c/rai ont he turn, which makes villains lead with worse hands and he sometimes would call with worse hands.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by finchybg
      I agree that betting is not good.

Don't you think his play looked like a cheap float with 99, 1010, JJ or AK - any of them very possible in his range(I'd say that's a huge percent of the hands he would play this way). He would even fold AQ(probably) if he had that.
      That's my reasoning for the shove. What'd u say?
      I think 99-JJ will not really float( subject to how you use 'float' ), but will want to see SD. this could be more of a blockbet. I don't think AQ will fold here very often.

Also, I don't see the point in shoving against this range...

how about calling turn and blockbet river? he could call with 99-JJ.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Float: player would call marginal or air your c-bet to take pot away on the turn.
      Some players would check down with medium pp-s there, but not most, since they wouldn´t put you on Qx or better hand. Rather AK.
      So they bet there for value.
      If you call turn then pot is 51$ and player has left 25$. You can´t really blocbet river, but have to put him all-in if you decide to bet.
      So I can´t really see any mistake shoving turn here,s ince you´re pot committed.

If you don´t want to play stacks here with KQ, then imo you shouldn´t 3-bet pf, since this is one of the best flops that you could hit mostly.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      oh, i got stacksizes completely wrong. thought he would have potsize left on river.