$10.05
      MP1:
      $19.80
      Hero:
      $5.25
      BU:
      $4.25

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , Q:heart:
      UTG2 raises to $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.25 (All-In), BU calls $4.25 (All-In), 4 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($9.85) 7:club: , 7:spade: , Q:diamond:
      Turn: ($9.85) 4:spade:
      River: ($9.85) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and sevens (Ac Qh)
      BU shows a flush, king high (Ks 5s)

BU wins with a flush, king high (Ks 5s)

BU clearly has an inferior hand against me. WIth their loose PFR stats, was I right to reraise them?
  • 9 replies
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Personally I wouldn't push here but raise $2. If there are 3-limpers before me I would prob push to pick up the dead money. Here you still have 3 players behind you. Ok BU is complete donk but what about SB and BB?

So here bet pre-flop $2

c-bet flop and c/f if nothing hits. Incidentally the flop here would've been very nice for a c-bet.

Anyways just my 2c, other players might push here, but I prefer shoving a little bit tighter.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Preflop you were up against only UTG2 and MP1 and you did correct to push against minraise and call. If BU calls you, specially with crap hand like here, then it's just bonus for you... ...or bad luck if he holds monster, but that's not very often the case.
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      yeah min-raise is very weak, but I believe you could get them both to fold with a $2 raise, so why risk the extra $3.25?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mikelstwe
      yeah min-raise is very weak, but I believe you could get them both to fold with a $2 raise, so why risk the extra $3.25?
      Because with push you get some more FE and if you raise to 2$ you will be commited on the flop if any of villains calls you. That way you let them see flop cheaply and you will go broke anyways if they check to you. On the other hand you will get most value out of worse hands if they call your push.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Mbml,

I'd reraise to $2 and shove accordingly according to Stack :: raise ratio when getting reraised

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello Mbml,

I'd reraise to $2 and shove accordingly according to Stack :: raise ratio when getting reraised

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Isn't that against your 35% rule? :P :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Isn't that against your 35% rule? :P :)
      Could you refresh my dutch memory ? I dont think pushing in position is getting more profitable than just a reraise with a >20bb stack
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Could you refresh my dutch memory ? I dont think pushing in position is getting more profitable than just a reraise with a >20bb stack
      Ah, I see, I even went to reread the basic preflop play article. :) IP, you push only when your raise will be 50%+...

I'm not that strictly following that rule, I always push with my 20BB stack, when I should raise 8BBs, so I would probably push this one as well, since hero has only 21BBs. I only hope people don't learn any leaks from me... :rolleyes:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i suppose we use the 1/3 stack push rule for OOP (blinds) and 1/2 stack push rule for in position (late position) ?