Turn this ship around. Help maybe could be kind of cool. BLOG

• stirfri14
      stirfri14
      Bronze
      I've been playing poker on and off for the last 4 years or so. I play MTTs and SNGs because that's where I have found the most success. In cash games I have a tendency to loose all my stack to monsters hands after putting in so much time to make it.

Anyways I'm starting this blog cause I hope to hear from others and become an active voice in your community. I would like to become a pro and I believe this cannot be done without utilising the wealth of knowledge that exists in my fellow players.

I have been playing poker for about 4 years but have recently taken a year off for my current relationship which would never have happened without me giving up poker for a bit. I am now 21,286 hands back into the swing of things, but currently as a losing player.

I unfortunately do not have my stats from but what I remember is:

In MTT's (not including MTT SNGs) I have probably hit 20 final tables and 5 top 3 and 1 win in the Full Tilt Velociraptor for of a 550ish USD cash out. (Over 1200 players)

In SNGs - I was played 5 dollar buy-in on Full Tilt (mostly 6 handed super turbos) and was able to make profit at that level.

Today I am really struggling with my mental state and bankroll management. I've found myself doing a proper analysis of the hand I'm in and having my finger disagree and I call or raise with second best. I have a tendency when I am winning to play until I am losing because do to fatigue or tilt or both often raising the my buy-in outside of what is reasonable for my bankroll.

Anyways all that aside I know I already have a winning poker player inside of me. When I am in the zone I am unstoppable. I know what I have to work on. I will utilise all the resources available to me and constantly learn and sharpen my skills.

Anyways that's me.
  • 4 replies
    • stirfri14
      stirfri14
      Bronze
      GET RICH OR DIE TRYING

Poker site: Full Tilt
      Starting Bankroll: $20
      Goal: $1000

To my first 50$ I plan to play $0.50 turbo 9, 45, 90 and 180 handed SNGs.
      5 % of my games I will play a $1.50 6 handed SNGs (maybe hyper's)
      I go over my fundamentals and make sure I get them down. 1 hour of review to 5 hours of play.

No luck solid play.
      Bad beats happen more often to people of greater skill. (My bad beat tilt mantra)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Welcome Mr. Unstoppable (if running good:f_cool: )

Looking forward to see you progress. Which of the games you want to play are the softest? I am not sure, i have played the 45s many years ago and found them much fishier than the 9max. However, the 180ies look so juicy from the price pool. But there are probably most regs...
    • stirfri14
      stirfri14
      Bronze
      Thanks for the heads up SvenBe. I am really enjoying this site and I thank you a ton for being part of it. The info on here is organise well written and peer review. I know that PokerStrategy has the tools to make me into a well rounded poker player.

So before I decided to deposit money into my account to start the get rich or die trying challenge I had 0.19 USD in my account and one tournament ticket for 1.50. I played a 9 table 1.50 SNG winning it to start my BR from pretty much nothing. I decided to create a solid BR management strategy leaving me with enough games to not waste my bankroll and have slowly but surely been building my BR (how cool would it be to raise my bankroll from 0.19 and a 1.50 tournament ticket all the way to 1000). Anyways my BR has been increasing over 70 game sample size so I am optimistic. I have also become far more disciplined in my play, studying and BR management and am excited for the future. Im hoping to move up the ranks soon.

I am at 11.42 at the moment and looking forward.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Still, there will be some variance in the 11$-BRM - but with some commitment and a bit of luck you'd not be the first one to make it :-)

CU