Cap NL {30BB cap}

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I like these CapNL tables that I see on FT, I just wonder if there is an optimal strategy which would be some sort of mix between 20BB[SSS] & 40BB[Sklansky-Chubukov] which would be optimal for playing some sort of strategy which would be simple to use like how SSS is?
  • 6 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Good question, I have no idea. Learn real poker and play BSS :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I know that it's completely different to SSS on 6max tables :)

haven't really played fullring cap yet.

I assume you meant fullring?
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Well of course SSS only works on tables with 9+ players but with CAP everyone usually has more than enough to cover the CAP unlike normal SSS
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      I like these CapNL tables that I see on FT, I just wonder if there is an optimal strategy which would be some sort of mix between 20BB[SSS] & 40BB[Sklansky-Chubukov] which would be optimal for playing some sort of strategy which would be simple to use like how SSS is?
      I think there a lot of donks on these tables because good players don't play in such a game. There are not many differences from SSS. You only have 10BB more than a SSS stack. When you have a top pair or overpair the decisions are as easier as in SSS. You want to go all-in. You are not going to fold when your c-bet is raised or when a scare turn card appears. When you have trash and your c-bet is raised you have to fold(you do this in SSS as well). One thing you can do in cap games and you can't do in SSS is to raise your opponent's c-bet as a bluff. He will have enough chips left in his stack to fold if he missed the flop.

You can also read Howard Leder's tips on this page: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/pro-tip/HowardLederer/77

I have a question about 3bets. Let's say someone raises 4BB, and you 3bet to 12BB. The ratio between your remaining stack and the size of your 3bet (18:12) is only 3:2. And the pot odds will be 42:18=2.33:1 If your opponent 4bets AI, is it correct to call him with any hand? You only have to win in 30% of cases.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adr0001
      I think there a lot of donks on these tables because good players don't play in such a game.
      Kenny Tran is playing every day one table at NL25 :) Waiting list is usually around 40 ppl to get into a table.

Another question would be - WHY he plays there? Maybe FT tries to make CAP games popular?

I never tried to play CAP, but IMHO you need to play a lot more tighter preflop, and less chase for a draws later - since implied odds are really low there.

Edited: By the way, it is NL25 tables, but CAP to 3$, so it is only 14BB on NL5.
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VTomukas

Kenny Tran is playing every day one table at NL25 :) Waiting list is usually around 40 ppl to get into a table.

Another question would be - WHY he plays there? Maybe FT tries to make CAP games popular?
      Didn't know that. I currently have only $1 in my FT account so I didn't try them yet. :)