Introducing myself

• Gringo1970
      Gringo1970
      Bronze
      Im an American who has spent the better part of the last 20 years in Brasil. I really enjoy NLHE, however I know I still have a long ways to go before I will become what I would consider, GOOD. I started playing about several years ago when PokerStars was still legal in the states......(I actually received a check in the mail for like 11 dollars when they closed down). My best day, by far, was taking 2nd place in a 5.50 MTT with 7000 people in it. I took home like 7400 dollars. But when I checked my stats on Sharkscope afterwards, it still showed that I was in the negative........And Ive never done it again. I remember shtting out several times before making the last table. After a while, I lost interest and started doing other things.

Now, 15 or so years later, I find myself starting to play the Freerolls more often, and reading everything I can get my hands on with regards to getting better. I hope to receive my bonus in the next few days, and my immediate goal is to make some realistic goals. I think I could be a good player. Today I know I make lots of mistakes. THe biggest one I believe is that when i believe someone is bluffing based on whatever reasoning, I make the call, and then see just how badly beaten I am.
  • 3 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Gringo1970,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :f_drink:

Nice to read that you are looking to try again at poker. From what I have read you have the ability to go far in large field tournaments.
      Thankfully you are able to play in Brazil still :f_thumbsup: Hopefully one day The US will come back to the international online poker community!
      Freerolls are one of my favorite tournaments to play. Nothing better than money for nothing and your chips for free :f_thumbsup:
      At the moment you are a basic member. Have you looked at our free money offers yet?
      Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.1

If you need advice regarding a room then check our our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

What games and limits do you play or want to try out? We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos specific to what you play.:f_thumbsup:

Also you should get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

What ever your skill level Poker Strategy has lots of great articles and forums to help make you make the most of your game.
      A good place to start is in the strategy section 'poker for beginners' found here
      PokerStrategy.com also host a great video tutorial section for many different games and strategies found here
      Though out the year there are many challenges where you can win status upgrades and other prizes.
      There is also a TaF (Tell a Friend) promotion which will reward you money to help build your bank roll or buy tools with!
      Many members also have there own blogs to help them track there progress and experiences, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • jelllena
      jelllena
      Bronze
      Hi every body. Nice to be here all this years. Best sites for poker n best promotions. Ty
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello jelllena,

Welcome to the PokerStrategy.com Forums. :f_thumbsup:

Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:
      What games and limits do you play? We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos specific to what you play. :f_thumbsup:

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt