Party Poker software issue

• BIKEBOY79
      BIKEBOY79
      Bronze
      I was playing a fixed limit cash game and the following happened.

As soon as cards were dealt I could see a 3 hearts in the river card location. I had a poor hand so I folded. As the hand progressed, the 3 hearts continued to be displayed when the flop was dealt and when the turn was dealt. When the river was dealt, the 3 hearts was "refreshed".

I find it very alarming that I could see the river card as soon as the cards were dealt and for the entire hand. As I had folded it didn't affect me, but this is a serious issue. I sent the hand history to Party Poker and got the following, somewhat unconcerned and dismissive, response.

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

I've reviewed the hand in mention but I see no issues with our system at the time whatsoever.

The problem might be associated with the client itself so I would kindly like to re-install it and if this happens again please get back to us with a screen shot, showing the error occurring so we can assist you properly, but as it stands now there is little we can do in this case.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced such an issue on our site and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Kris,

Customer Service

Does anyone else think this is very alarming?
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Kris,

This would sound alarming to me. With the FullTilt/PokerStars merger, most if not all rooms are now using a RNG that orders decks before the hand is dealt. This means that the software is aware of the river card before the starting cards are dealt. Hence if you are seeing the river card early, this would mean you would have an unfair advantage.

Despite saying that, I'm certain that party support would have passed your concerns to IT as that sort of leak can bring down poker rooms.

Regards

Laz
    • BIKEBOY79
      BIKEBOY79
      Bronze
      One would hope that Party Poker understood this, but I reiterated my concern (again in no way personal as I had folded that hand pre-flop), and got the response below. The statements that the river card "was only visible for [me]" and there was "no unfair advantage" are so contradictory it would be laughable if it wasn't so shocking. I replied with the suggestion that they send this up the line to a manager - this is a very serious issue!!!

We understand your concern but what you have experienced is a display issue, which was visible only for you.

We do not see a problem to investigate in the hand you provided. We can assure you that there is no unfair advantage given to any player at the tables.

As you know poker is game of skill and a little bit of luck, and sometimes the river card steals the game. Please note that you will be playing against the other poker players and we only collect rake or tournament fee from the poker games you play on our website

Please understand that the card dealing system is totally computerized and there is no manual intervention of any kind. The systems, algorithms and practices at PartyPoker.com exist to ensure total fairness to each and every player. Our Random Number Generation (RNG) system operates at the highest level of encryption and randomness to ensure fairness without exception.

The Random Number Generator (RNG) is a program designed to maximize the randomness of the cards dealt.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7.

Best regards,
      Veliko,

Customer Service
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey BIKEBOY79.

That is a terrible response from their support. As a player who has just come off a 8 hour session playing at party, I would expect a response which would allay my fears and restore my 100% confidence which this doesn't do.

This is a serious security breach and I would have expected this to be escalated.

Regards

Laz
    • BIKEBOY79
      BIKEBOY79
      Bronze
      UPDATE
      Party Poker's 3rd response is below. I hope they are finally taking this seriously. I will keep the community here informed if I hear anything else.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This information has been passed on to the responsible department within the company for further investigation.

If for some reason, this issue replicates itself after you have reinstalled our software, please make a screenshot of the same and send it to us as an attachment as our Technical team would much appreciate your help.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
      Sava,

Customer Service
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks BIKEBOY79. That's the response that I would have expected earlier. :f_thumbsup: