This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 weak flush draw

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $13.65
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:club: , 6:heart:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.00) K:heart: , 7:heart: , A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $4.00 (All-In), SB calls $1.60.

Turn: ($10.00) J:club:
      River: ($10.00) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (6c 6h)
      SB shows a pair of aces (Qs As)

SB wins with a pair of aces (Qs As)

its weak, my 6 will get easily dominated by higher flushes, and with two over cards, I knew that he probably had an Ace. Should I fold after the reraise?
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Preflop and c-bet is fine, but you have easy muck to a reraise on flop. Every A and K has you dominated and you also cannot count on your FD since it's only 6 high.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If you're correct in assuming that all top-pair or better hands play this way then I imagine that your call is just about +EV since you will just about suckout often enough to make up for the times that you are drawing near dead.

call = shove in the above
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hm but won't he bet on the turn again?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hm but won't he bet on the turn again?
      Of course.

Sorry, I meant shove not call. It's just that to examine the viability of a shove with no FE then I always calculate the necessary equity by imagining villain to be shoving (and us calling).

eg. we "call" $2.8 to win $7.20 in the above hand when we are faced with the pot-committing min-reraise.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      If you're correct in assuming that all top-pair or better hands play this way then I imagine that your call is just about +EV since you will just about suckout often enough to make up for the times that you are drawing near dead.

call = shove in the above
      And you get the odds for a six high flush if he has TP (2.6:1)
      I would bet 2/3 pot instead of 6/10~ and shove when getting reraised here

Best regards,

Gerv