This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Addicted to Poker

• TsarofAces
      TsarofAces
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Could you please share some advice/techniques on how to control the urge to play Poker. Is it better to have some sort of daily schedule or is a weekly schedule better? Or should I just play every time I feel like it?

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey TsarofAces,

I've never had a schedule, but I know alot that do. A schedule is only good if you can keep to it. If you think theres an addiction, then you probably won't stick to a schedule.

I found myself playing far to much in periods towards the end of last year. So to prevent myself ever getting the "need" to play poker, I started my old training plan. So I now spend an hour in the gym every night, right in the middle of when I used to play poker. By the time I finish in the gym and get refreshed, I am no longer in the mood to do anything but relax.

I have never been addicted to anything, but can imagine it to be hard to stick to a schedule. Maybe find another hobby or interest to break up your game play.

Best regards,
      Stiev