Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $9.50
      Hero:
      $2.16

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.16 (All-In), 3 folds.

Final Pot: $2.71

In addition to being the only player in the hand so far his preflop raising range was very loose (not only from stat but also from seeing some hands he raised with).
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nice hand.
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Thanks. Just posted it cos it was my first stealreraise, so just double checking :)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Do you mean a re-steal raise? Because you only push AQ when there is a raise from late position. Here villain raises you from middle position, so in standard play you fold AQ.

Unless you chose to play differently from the SHC because of stats. But in Basic SSS we are advised not to deviate from it, save for special cases viz.: push AQ after a late position open-raise.
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Nice reraise push. However I wouldn't push here without having conclusive stats on opponent. Although the opponent seems quite loose, I would usually want to have at least 100 hands on opponent (the more marginal the push, the more hands you need imo).

This is more advanced SSS and therefore a bit of experience is required.

This hand is not about stealing but about pushing because you have good equity on an opponent's range.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well shoved but stick to basic SSS first on your limits before you can implement more advanced things like this.... ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv