Stack
      Hero:
      $1.90
      MP3:
      $1.00
      BU:
      $7.87

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: , T:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
      5 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, BU raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.40) 6:heart: , Q:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30 (All-In), BU folds.

Final Pot: $2.70

Ok, this might have been a bad idea, I know it's not according to SHC. But his bet was very low and on top of that from the button, and I thought, "shove with Tens is standard" ;-)
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      There's a poster, so BU is prolly just trying to take the dead money and since you cannot MP3(poster) treat as a limper, is BU actually openraising from LP, which is a steal and you can reasteal against unkown with AQ+/99+(also AJ+/88+), but you have always to resteal with a push, so push preflop, raising OOP is bad.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      i think an overbet is too much, and raising as if it was a limper seems better
      (0.6 its ok)
      id play that the same way
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I don't think this is a steal resteal situation , but if we treat the minraiser as 2 limpers we have 3 limpers and we will be oop .... all in.
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      As far as I know (heard it on Xarry's video), you have to treat poster as a limper as it's dead money in the pot.

Treat minraise as two limpers, so 3 limpers and thus push. The BU seems weak so push is correct in any case imo.

Your play on the flop is correct. We know BU has a weak hand and so we want to take the pot here. Although board does seem drawy, we also give him bad odds.

nh
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Ok that's a lot of useful info, thanks much. I'll especially bear in mind the minraise = 2 limpers since I was often wondering if I should really fold to that.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Treat minraiser as a limper² unless proven otherwise, I raise this one up to $0.7 but that would have be around 35% of my stack so I go all-in here on the SmallBlind with T:cT

Best regards,
      Gerv