Stack
      SB:
      $4.06
      Hero:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $10.70

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , A:club:
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 5 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.40, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.10) 9:spade: , Q:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50 (All-In), UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.60

I hate it when people fold when I have AA. Could I maybe bet less in this case to bring more money into the pot, or ignore the "if you bet more than half your stack shove" rule?
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerplayboy
      I hate it when people fold when I have AA. Could I maybe bet less in this case to bring more money into the pot, or ignore the "if you bet more than half your stack shove" rule?
      I would bet 0.6 preflop, then you would have an easier push on the flop. As played, you can bet 0.70 on the flop which is less than 50% of your stack, since the board is pretty dry. ;)
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerplayboy

No you should always follow betting rules as you don't want opponents to outdraw you.

TP is not a hand you can slowplay with.
    • pokerplayboy
      pokerplayboy
      Bronze
      Hmm yes I see. Thanks guys. TP = top pair?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yes TP= top pair, TPTK = top pair top kicker. But actually here you have an Overpair.

And I agree you should not lower your bet to get people to pay as you could end up been outdrawn.

You can bet 0,60 pre-flop because SB completed, so count him as another limper. 2/3 of 1,10 = 0,72 and if you bet 0,60 on flop you'd have 1,40 left, so it would be an easy push.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Yes TP= top pair, TPTK = top pair top kicker. But actually here you have an Overpair.

And I agree you should not lower your bet to get people to pay as you could end up been outdrawn.

You can bet 0,60 pre-flop because SB completed, so count him as another limper. 2/3 of 1,10 = 0,72 and if you bet 0,60 on flop you'd have 1,40 left, so it would be an easy push.
      AcesCracked? No thank you so I just bet out and shove because a J,T or 7 can crack your Aces :)

- Gerv