How to complete from the SB

• 6 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I usually don't have a limping range. At the micros stealing will be very profitable since most of the guys don't defend enough. I might complete poor suited hands that I wouldn't normally open but only against fish that call a lot and not raise.
    • fastroller
      fastroller
      Bronze
      You can develop balanced ranges yourself with pokerstrategy equilab.
      Create deepstacked and shallow ranges that can limpraise, limp-call a 3x or 2.5x and include some hands that will limp fold.
      Depending on who's in the big blind you want to play about 70-80% of hands from the SB and can play around with your ranges.
      I would probably raise the majority and limp vs tougher opponents with mainly suited hands that play well as well as a few limp raises and limp folds.
    • Trippingeye
      Trippingeye
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Trippingeye,

Welcome to the forums :welcome:

You should take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      I agree with La55i that in micro cashgames you can probably get away from stealing wide range of hands, but I would still create some type of limp range if stealing is not profitable ATC. I believe in micro cash you need to make some calculations about rake and how it effects in limped pots.

If there's 1limp ahead you should complite your small blind with any two cards most of the time I believe (or at least 80 - 90% including hands you raise against limper). You get good price 1/6 or better so assuming you understand how to play your overall range in this type of situation I believe it's hard to be -EV.

Even worst possible hand 72o has 19% against 40% vpip limper and BB who has 100%. Assuming ranges are not capped (which they always are).

• hroller92
      hroller92
      Bronze
      :f_drink: