[NL20-NL50] the "20 rule" in SH

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      in FR you apply the "20 rule" for your PPs to hit set profitably, SH is more loose, so how the fact that on table are 6 players change tne "20 rule" (I suppose that It will be rather interval depending on Villain).

1) IP

2) OPP
  • 5 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      In SH small pockets are not for set value only, usually. If you know he has very strong had (QQ+) then you call when you have "12-13 rule". :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      OOP especially in the blinds if facing a raise from CO/BU regular are usually a 3bet.
      IP really depends on the player but you should mix it up - sometimes 3bet(against a regular), sometimes call if you think you have the implied odds(which are lower in SH).
      Actually check these articles from the No Limit silver section:

# BSS: Before the Flop - The Basics
      # Before the Flop - When do You Raise?
      # Before the Flop - When There Was a Raise Before You

They are very good and there is a part in them that specifically deals with pocker pairs pre-flop - it will give detailed answers to your questions ;)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I'll re-read them but I believe it's rather concerning FR
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      No, they are for both ;)

Well explained is especially this:
      How full-ring and short-handed games differ
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1. Ip you dot only call for set value, but also but player on difficult decisions a lot of flops.
      2. Oop I sometimes defend by 3-bet, sometimes call. But there also I often c/c or c/r without hitting my set.