This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] the "20 rule" in SH

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      in FR you apply the "20 rule" for your PPs to hit set profitably, SH is more loose, so how the fact that on table are 6 players change tne "20 rule" (I suppose that It will be rather interval depending on Villain).

1) IP

2) OPP
  • 5 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      In SH small pockets are not for set value only, usually. If you know he has very strong had (QQ+) then you call when you have "12-13 rule". :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      OOP especially in the blinds if facing a raise from CO/BU regular are usually a 3bet.
      IP really depends on the player but you should mix it up - sometimes 3bet(against a regular), sometimes call if you think you have the implied odds(which are lower in SH).
      Actually check these articles from the No Limit silver section:

# BSS: Before the Flop - The Basics
      # Before the Flop - When do You Raise?
      # Before the Flop - When There Was a Raise Before You

They are very good and there is a part in them that specifically deals with pocker pairs pre-flop - it will give detailed answers to your questions ;)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I'll re-read them but I believe it's rather concerning FR
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      No, they are for both ;)

Well explained is especially this:
      How full-ring and short-handed games differ
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1. Ip you dot only call for set value, but also but player on difficult decisions a lot of flops.
      2. Oop I sometimes defend by 3-bet, sometimes call. But there also I often c/c or c/r without hitting my set.