Red(positive) and Blue(negative) Lines

• Frankoloko
      Frankoloko
      Basic
      Hi Everyone

I have a situation at NL2. I have played enough hands for a decent review but now I'm seeing that my blue line goes down and my red line goes up. Which seems to be the opposite to most people. In the image is my graph as well as my stats above it. Any advice guys? Should I work on changing this, getting my red line down and my blue line up? Any advice would be appreciated a lot!

THANK YOU

• 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Frankoloko,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

It is likely that you are seeing too many showdowns with marginal hands (blue line) and forcing folds before showdown (red line).

Also 44.2% is too low for W$SD. This should be around 55% minimum which also suggests that you should be folding more hands pre-showdown.

I'll also move this to our 'No Limit' board where you may get a more in depth analysis.

Regards

Laz
    • Frankoloko
      Frankoloko
      Basic
      Ok then. I'll try and find some leaks along those lines. Also thanks for moving the post, I'm new here so I have no idea how anything really works haha. Thanks for the reply though!
    • la55i
      la55i
      Your green line is going up and that is what matters the most. Your graph looks quite similar than mine. I play aggressively and steal a lot. At some point I was calling too much on the river too.. If your blue line would go down like Titanic you would have to change the way you play but now I wouldn't be too worried.

Quick tip:
      When you have a feeling that maybe you should fold on the river -> fold.
      At the micros turn raises, river raises and call call donk are usually very strong lines and it is totally ok to overfold against those. This will make your blue line go up and red line go down slightly but your overall profit should be better.

If you face difficult spots and don't know what to do, you can post the hand to our hand discussion forum and we will review it for you :)

:gl:

la55i
    • Frankoloko
      Frankoloko
      Basic
      Thank you for the advice man! By any chance could you post a pic of your graph and what stakes you are at? Would be interesting to see hey. Maybe also your stats like I did?

Anyways yeh it just feels wrong not having a positive showdown line. It means showdown is your leak, so you should actually fold and not play showdown? Crazy but yeh. Maybe it is a holdem manager error or something lol. Thanks anyways man!
    • la55i
      la55i
      Yea no problem.

Here is my overall graph from the past 1 year. Most of the hands are from NL2, then about 20k hands of NL5 and 10k hands of NL10 (which I play currently). At the beginning you can see that my showdown winnings sucked. The first 30k hands my blue line was dropping a lot. If I show you my graph from last 100k hands only my blue line is actually better than red line.

I have improved my game a lot lately.. Here is my graph from last 10k hands at NL10:

You can see that I open looser now. I also 3bet bluff more. That way I manage to keep my red line on profit/break even. I go to showdown a bit less and that is why my won at showdown is a bit better. It is difficult to get both lines skyrocketing and most ppl have the other going up and the other going down.

You don't have to avoid playing showdowns, you just have to know what kind of hands you will call or bet OTR and when :)
      Fold to turn raises without top 2 pair or better (baluga theorem), fold to river raises without very strong hand because villains at the micros are very rarely bluff raising on the river. And if villain calls your bets OTF and OTT and then donks OTR, he most likely has a very strong hand.
      Also think when you are betting the river. Can villain call your bet with a worse hand? If not, there is no point to bet and risk that villain is slowplaying you, just check behind :)

You have only 20k hands there so no need to worry. Lets see your graph when it has 100k hands :)
    • Frankoloko
      Frankoloko
      Basic
      Ah thank you man I appreciate it a lot! Yeh you got it right to flip your red and blue line around. I think it might be better having a negative red line than having a negative blue line.

I'll try the advice of folding turn and river without specific hands. In general I'm not doing too bad. I still have a 10bb/100 winrate. But the variance is something I still battle with a lot. I only play two tables so the swings last longer than they would on 8 tables or so.

In general I'll try and fold more before showdown lol. Thanks for the help man. I'm not sure if any of the advice will help much but at least it gives me a bit of motivation! Cheers man!
    • la55i
      la55i
      You welcome :)

Have you considered opening a blog here?
      You could also join our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge