[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ, calling flop donkbet.

• DaPhunk
      Party Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP1: $11.37
      MP2: $10.25
      MP3: $10.00
      CO: $1.85
      BTN: $1.85
      Hero (SB): $18.81
      BB: $12.35
      UTG: $7.40
      UTG+1: $5.62
      UTG+2: $10.14

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with J :spade: A :diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.30) K :heart: 8 :diamond: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.70) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, UTG+1 calls $2

River: ($6.70) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

villain is 31/1 over 164 hands. he has 33% WTS but kind of small sample. He has 0.9 AF. I decided to miss the cbet for variation and because I felt that I had low FE with it his vpip being so high i expect him to be a showdown monkey too.
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      I personally always cbet here, I might give up cbetting on a low suited or heavily connected flop, but I'm always cbetting flops with broadways without a very specific read.

But you're check/calling and then donking out on the turn - I don't really like that line. He might have air, true, but if you assume he has air you might as well bet flop and get it right there. If he has a king he won't fold it here with your weak line which looks just like you hit your jack. And what do you hope for by calling his flop bet? Taking it to the cheap showdown with A-high? Hit A or J? Those are not good options imo. And even if he's a showdown monkey you don't want to play for a big pot with him with a second pair. If you want to continue turn just go for a pot control and check/call.

So all in all my play would be to cbet 2/3 pot flop and if he's not giving up there and I know he's a fish and a showdown monkey I might check/call this turn and most likely check/fold river.
    • srohack
      just cbet in this situation and give up if you hit and dont improve
      if you check call flop theres no reason to donk the turn
      you called because you assumed you were ahead to a air type hand .
      now that you hit your jack you wont get any value from that kind of hand you will just fold it . so the plan is to check / call turn again and probably check/fold river