Live MTT, v.fishy - tips?

• gorgi0128
      gorgi0128
      Bronze
      Hey so I'm going to a tournament tomorrow. It has a prize pool of around $5000, and will be full of the fishiest players you could possibly imagine.

I want to know if people have any tips for playing in tournaments where:

Players are unusually loose (limps all round pf)

and

You rarely have fold equity, so ICM doesn't work.

Any tips would be much appreciated :]
  • 4 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gorgi0128
      Hey so I'm going to a tournament tomorrow. It has a prize pool of around $5000, and will be full of the fishiest players you could possibly imagine.

I want to know if people have any tips for playing in tournaments where:

Players are unusually loose (limps all round pf)

and

You rarely have fold equity, so ICM doesn't work.

Any tips would be much appreciated :]
      DONT BLUFF.

Thats my biggest one. :]

Good luck.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      if your hands hold you'll win. also I guess your PP will get great odds and implied against this donkeys.

live players suck so bad :D
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Just dont assume every single player is an idiot - with a prize pool of $5000 you should expect some very, very good players to turn up. Try to identify who these good players are.

Limp a lot of pocket pairs and suited connectors early if the pots are not being raised preflop, when you hit something squeeze every last chip out of it.

If in doubt or if you dont hit the flop perfect, fold straight away. When you reach the middle stages your advantage is that you have been more protective of your chips than your opponents.

Ignore the theatrics of your opponents - some fish can be very good actors when bluffing or pretending to bluff or pretending to pretend. Just ignore them and focus on your game.
    • gorgi0128
      gorgi0128
      Bronze
      thx everyone :]