Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:club:

Hero raises to $3, calls $2,

FLOP ($6) J:club: 6:spade: 4:diamond:

check, Hero bets $4, raises to $14, Hero calls $10,

TURN ($34) J:club: 6:spade: 4:diamond: 8:heart:

bets $25, Hero calls $25,

RIVER ($84) J:club: 6:spade: 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:club:

bets $20, Hero raises to $77, calls $57,

He made some moves on flop from time to time. Just raise and get it in on the flop?
      River: just call or make a smallish valuebet?
  • 5 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Hmm.. that check/raise on flop usually means some TP hand or monster or a bluff, 4-betting there would be the most simpler solution.

That call on turn looks weird but seems like opponent is continuing his line what he made from flop (betting for value or bluffing/semi-bluffing) again maybe 3-bet is good.

River is tough, those low bets are in most cases some "pls don't raise" bluffs or block bets or he is trying to trap you. I'd just call here because you only have overpair and hands like JQ or J9 etc beat you. Ofc this is read dependent and you know better as you have played more with that opponent.

Looking that he only called - I guess you won the hand?
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i dont like 4 beting the flop on this dry flop especialy.
      some players check raises here their complete nuts and complete air , and others their tp
      i would always call flop and turn in this spot
      even if the river bet looks like a blocker bet i think your raise is very thin and most of the time you arent geting called by worse .
      i would like to just call and see his cards especialy if i didnt see him taking this line before . this way you can take a note on his play witch might be very valuable later
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      River is call
      If he has bluff, then he won´t call
      What worse hands would he bet/call river for value?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I don't get your questions what you make end of your post Kaitz, could you explain a bit?
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      don't 3bet the flop cause it's too dry (no flush draw, not very connected)

calling turn seems fine since you guys are deep.

on the river I like the raise, eventhough it looks super strong, I think if he's a tagfish he can pay you off w/ TP.

But, you need to give mroe reads on him, like did his c/r frequency change at all once you got deep ?, does he valuebets thin ? I think this is a Q so often, since a better hand would bet more, and he's just trying to buy a cheap showdown.