This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl100 - Aa

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($87.45)
      UTG ($52.15)
      UTG+1 ($114.95)
      Hero (MP1) ($18.50)
      MP2 ($38.50)
      CO ($100)
      Button ($96.85)
      SB ($115)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $18.50 (All-In), 6 folds

Total pot: $8.50 | Rake: $0

Results:
      Hero didn't show A, A (nothing).
      Outcome: Hero won $8.50

how would you play it agains very good BSS player, maybe push is not the best as he would fold on any bottom pair?
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I presume you play with stats, so you would 3-bet him with all the hands from the adjusted 3-bet ranges to his PFR and I believe you would push all of them, therefore I push AA as well. Besides, why would good BSS player raise bottom pair from UTG?
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Besides, why would good BSS player raise bottom pair from UTG?
      ok, when i said bottom pair, i meant all pairs below AA, bottom from AA or lower from AA would be more proper to say. Usually good BSS players wont play bottom pairs, but i saw also good BSS players playing all pairs from UTG on....
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      Push is the best here!

Play AK, TT... & AA the same way.

Do not Push with TT and min3bet with Aces.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      ok, when i said bottom pair, i meant all pairs below AA, bottom from AA or lower from AA would be more proper to say. Usually good BSS players wont play bottom pairs, but i saw also good BSS players playing all pairs from UTG on....
      I also heard there are solid players raising PPs from early to balance their lines. I see what you meant. Well, I think you should play all the hands same way and I think push is way to go when you would have to reraise more than half of your stack, call just isn't an option. Btw, a solid player will go broke against you with a certain range(prolly QQ+/AK+), regardless whether you push or 3bet imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Drach,

Wouldn't make sense if you light3bet to $8.75 , leaving $10 behind but you are shoving with AKo or AQo here?

Easy shove although I understand your thinking :)

Best regards,
      Gerv