[NL2-NL10] Nl100 - Aa

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($87.45)
      UTG ($52.15)
      UTG+1 ($114.95)
      Hero (MP1) ($18.50)
      MP2 ($38.50)
      CO ($100)
      Button ($96.85)
      SB ($115)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $18.50 (All-In), 6 folds

Total pot: $8.50 | Rake: $0

Results:
      Hero didn't show A, A (nothing).
      Outcome: Hero won $8.50

how would you play it agains very good BSS player, maybe push is not the best as he would fold on any bottom pair?
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I presume you play with stats, so you would 3-bet him with all the hands from the adjusted 3-bet ranges to his PFR and I believe you would push all of them, therefore I push AA as well. Besides, why would good BSS player raise bottom pair from UTG?
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Besides, why would good BSS player raise bottom pair from UTG?
      ok, when i said bottom pair, i meant all pairs below AA, bottom from AA or lower from AA would be more proper to say. Usually good BSS players wont play bottom pairs, but i saw also good BSS players playing all pairs from UTG on....
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      Push is the best here!

Play AK, TT... & AA the same way.

Do not Push with TT and min3bet with Aces.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      ok, when i said bottom pair, i meant all pairs below AA, bottom from AA or lower from AA would be more proper to say. Usually good BSS players wont play bottom pairs, but i saw also good BSS players playing all pairs from UTG on....
      I also heard there are solid players raising PPs from early to balance their lines. I see what you meant. Well, I think you should play all the hands same way and I think push is way to go when you would have to reraise more than half of your stack, call just isn't an option. Btw, a solid player will go broke against you with a certain range(prolly QQ+/AK+), regardless whether you push or 3bet imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Drach,

Wouldn't make sense if you light3bet to $8.75 , leaving $10 behind but you are shoving with AKo or AQo here?

Easy shove although I understand your thinking :)

Best regards,
      Gerv