When is the BOD gonna start again?

• 27 replies
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Yeah really miss the fun, sure it will start back up soon with SOY arranging something new and fun for those that particapate.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm currently in Austria and only semi-available - which is why we delayed the relaunch a bit. I can already say so much - the new season will be based around fixed teams (of ~5+ people - of which 5 will be playing) (so start thinking about what team constellation you might enjoy playing in (e.g. Team Soycd / ModSquad or even Team Canada, Team Latvia or just other team constellations) - will have the option of staking as usual for those that can't afford the buy-ins - and have prizes for the best teams.

Additionally there will be a completely new element which I will announce soon :)

Hope to let you know more soon.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ah good to hear Soy. Hope you get to hit the slopes while your in Austria. :D
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Good Stuff..............................................
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Yeeeeeeeeeeees, can't wait, thx Soy. :P

I'm grinding the sss cash tables like mad at the moment building up my buy-ins ready, but missing playing mtt's like crazy & in particular the community events, so great news.

Personally, I think countries eg. Team England, Team Canada etc would be great.

It would effectively then be like a World Cup type scenario & if we could get the other language speaking communities involved too... tremendous.

Might have to jig some of the teams though according to how many players from each respective nation wanted to take part, e.g. group some together Team Africa, Team Oceanic or Team UK rather than England, or even have multiple teams eg. Team Latvia-A, Team Latvia-B.

I must admit I also like the banter between admins & mods the BOD causes, so could we have each team headed by 1x admin or mod each, even if they have to temporarily 'adopt' a nation or region.

What do other guys/girls think? Would like to hear other ideas.

Bart
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      What about 'Legends' (or 'Fossils') for the more mature (senile) members of the community.................

I can't be the only middle aged fart doing this can I? :D
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Wondering who can give me information on what this BOD is and exactly what i need to do to get involved? Where can i find information on tournement dates et cetera.

I really know nothing about this and any help or info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Byron
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      What about 'Legends' (or 'Fossils') for the more mature (senile) members of the community.................

EagleStar88
      [x] Middle Aged Fart

Check :D

@Byron, hiya mate, firstly nothing yet decided on schedule, but Soy will be working on this in due course, so just keep an eye on this thread for details.

You can find out about the previous round of BOD by looking through the older threads on this freerolls/community thread directory. But probably best to just wait a while as the new format may differ and the admin guys/girls are great in explaining things when the time comes.

Bart
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Originally posted by andyb43

EagleStar88
      [x] Middle Aged Fart

Check :D

Ahhhhhh, thats why you are so sensible...... :D
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Your probably right andy lol :D

Can't stop, overdue for my afternoon nap :tongue:

Laters,

Old Bart
    • Grindithard
      Grindithard
      Bronze
      Will definitely attend to the BOTD this season as well, and participate in as many tournaments as possible!

This season no staking would be nescessary on my behalf either, will pay my own fees. =)

Looking forward to this!
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Team Latvia would have some trouble getting 5 members imo. There are enough members, but not all participate in comunity events. So in that case Team Baltics would be way more likely to be made.

On other hand it would be end of BOD since its damn obvious that Grimzor (Latvia) + Timukasr (Estonia) + rest of team > all. Could ship prizes right away and play for 2nd spot, but that wouldnt be as much fun for you guys imo :D
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      I think, it won't be too hard to find 5 members for country, even if Lithuania should have less members on PokerStrategy than Latvia, but I still hope there shouldn't be hard to find 5 to play :) And no need to be very active in community to be a part of a team, I think? Also it may help to make them active :)

(the reason I'd like Lithuania have a separate team - I'm not sure would I qualify for Baltics one :D Also we are old rivals in everything, I think :) )
    • snaker3
      snaker3
      Silver
      I m from Latvia and i d like to take a part in Latvian team!!!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Ofcourse I'll join in on the action and represent Team-Scandinavia.. Or even if I somehow manage to recruit a whole team.... Then I might be in Team-Iceland...
      Or maybe I'll just be a loyal member of Team-Soy and win the botd for the 3rd time in a row.... Feels good going to season-3 undefeated doesn't it? lolllz

ohhh and yeah there won't be need to stake me for this season
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      tx eagle dude, i will keep an eye out on this post.

By the way im from SA and if we could get a team together that would be fantastic.

Cheers and gl to all at the tables :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      No problem Byron, yes remember welcoming you in the introduction thread, good to see you active in the forums :)

Had a quick brainstorm of alternative team makeups (not much here, because not much brain up there :D ), but might get people thinking:

> same as before, i.e. mods/admins/media/translators etc.
      > colours, team red, team blue etc.
      > Pro nicknames, i.e. "pokerbrats", "Fossils", "Luckbox's" etc.
      > Year of Pokerstrategy registration
      > Age groups (mentioned by andy above).
      > Preferred games, e.g. sss, bss, sng, mtt, omaha etc.
      > star signs, e.g. gemini, scorpio etc.
      > planets
      > sports (are skiers better than football players? etc)
      > ok I'm all out, guys help us out here, any ideas?

Tbh, personally, I still love the country/regional theme that could be offered up within other communities like a world cup type thingy, but will be happy to just play along my fellow members again whatever we call ourselves.

Bart
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback eagle. I try and get onto the forums as much as possible as there is valuable information and tips from all to learn from.

This whole BOD thing sounds like it is going to be awesome. Like you said a world cup tournement would be awesome but anything else will be just as much fun

BTW, have to let you all know about my fantastic win in literally 3 hours.

Turned my $20 i went onto the table with to $140. So super stoked :)

Anyways all the best and will continue to keep an eye out on this thread

B
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Nice one ! well played.

Keep it going.

Bart.