This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to avoid meltdowns? (meaning winning a huge stack over time and losing it within a few hands)

• RiverxPhoenix
      RiverxPhoenix
      Basic
      I have been playing poker for only 6 months or so. I find on Pokerstars when I play in 1k buy in tournaments, I do very good and usually get up a stack around 30-40k and find myself in the top 5. Then it seems every time I get involved in 2 or 3 big pots that just totally take me down. I feel like my playing style is the same. I just don't back down when I should. Not sure what could be some good tips for me to go ahead and finish strong in the tournament. At least top 10. Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • obamarama
      obamarama
      Bronze
      I think your problem is that u are not adjusting to the different dynamics of the pahses you go trough playing a tournament..
      U seem to be solid at the early phase but struggle when it comes to the middle or lategame phase.. U have to adjust.
      Look at the effektive stack sizes.. while u are deep in the early phase the SPR gets way lower at the late so u should be playing differently