I am not a Nit just a opportunist NL4 to 10 then maybe 25

• wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      So first blog post/Journey

I have had this PokerStrategy account for a long time but very rarely posted but I need something to keep me motivated to play poker and set some goals and stream the sessions on Twitch so I do not auto pilot.

So been playing 2NL and 4NL on the Microgaming network, over rolled but not enough for 10nl. The aim is to become a 10NL reg..and crush it and maybe move 25nl after . My main strategy so far has been table selection, I know when I am the sucker at the table.

I need to improve my studying away from the table and actually use PT4. I can watch videos but it never sinks , hoping to learn alot here.

Really worth watching Kid Poker documentary on Netflix its really inspiring after a bad beat :f_biggrin:

Roll is £140-£150 (playing in euros so its about 170 in euros?)
      28k hands played but recently changed my alias so the rest of my hands will be on another graph.

This is one of the more eventful hands
  • 17 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I have fixed your graph for you.
      Further I wish you all the best with improving your game on NL10 :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Catonthemat
      Catonthemat
      Bronze
      Liked the video, not sure I could of held my nerve with AAs as I always (at least it feels like it) run into sets. But glad it came off for you.

Also agree on the Netflix documentary just watched it yesterday, he seems like a really likeable guy in general.

Good luck on the tables and keep up the blog :D
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      how's going? is there a big field on microgaming?
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Hows it going great question its been a bit car crash honestly...

I left micro gaming because it was hard to find a +ev table and if i play in dollars my bank roll goes further, but software is solid and at peak times you have between 6k to 9k people online. Their zoom variant has a very small player pool.

Recently bought Note Caddy for HM2 which is something i am learning to use and changed my hud. I changed the hud so its back to basics, I feel a play better without a hud because i am not influenced by stats.

My first fish like dive into 10nl started well, but I crashed and burned because I am also trying to play more hands (this wasn't the smartest thing to do moving up stakes) I noticed a few leaks looking at the reports tab and then leakbuster, my open from the SB is 52% which is high and I can be a bit of a calling station with top pair. I dropped the tables down from 4 to 2 after some tilt and I dont tilt very easily.

The bankroll is still healthy I do occasionally play the odd tourney and got two small cashes last night.

No video this time, I didn't want to come across like I was justifying bad play or moaning about a loss.

http://imgur.com/a/fBrbb (graph, the link system isnt showing the image)
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello wittsy171,

How are getting on with your journey?
      I thought you might find the following articles of interest.
      The perfect introduction to multi-tabling
      5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player
      Something you may also be interested is the Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!

I look forward to reading future updates and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      I took some time away from poker because I haven't had the internet for a few weeks due to moving and only got into a new place just 3 weeks before Xmas.

Played on Unibet for a bit for nearly a month at 4nl and the games are good but you cant track anything. I also started a daily diary and I add to it what i did wrong or what I learnt etc. I read this before I start a session. I was just testing out my net connection more then anything and not putting in alot of volume because it was the run up to xmas.

Back to Microgaming, bit nervous about playing at 10nl I think i am light on buyins I have about 23/24 right now and the first time it was awful. Hopefully have a few hands that are worth making a video or for hand reviews even if i lose 3 buyins.

Thanks for the information @metalmonkey80, I will be going through at 5 point plan.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Congrats on the new place. :f_drink:

Just started a bankroll at William Hill and having the same issue with tracking. Today it recorded a £36 loss instead of a win :wtf:
      Will you be running a short stack strategy on the 10nl?
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Il be playing with 100bbs. Streamed on Twitch the first session went really well but huge adjustments need to be made from 4nl, I also reduced my tables down to 2 which did decrease my hand volume but i hope it reduced my mistakes. ]Past broadcast link here. (i didnt get the audio quite right)

I did over play aces but how the hand played out and after watching this guy for over 2 hours I couldn't fold and watching some all ins on some questionable hands on flops/turns light. End of the day this could have all been avoided if i want bigger pre flop. Go to 3:56:53 (right at the end) and you can watch the hand. I put the hand into Equilab and my Equity was pretty decent with that flop 83% against his range.

Marked a few hands to review, so I am going to look at them with a fresh mind tomorrow and I mite post a few for feedback.
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Back to work this week and I am struggling so tired. Few of my mates saw my graph last week and asking me why i dont just grind and try and go pro, if only it was that easy.

10NL on the microgaming network has been going well played mostly on anonymous tables sometimes playing a bit lose sometimes a tidy 22/18 it depends on the table but I like being the Lag at the table. I dont know if am playing well or if i am being a luck box, when I stream I try and talk through my thought process so every action has a reason, if its correct I dont know.

I have made a video for the blog and I talk about a few of my hands let me know what you think. I didn't show the hud stats because they wouldn't be accurate being anon tables.

My stats for January so far currently just playing 2 tables of 10nl, (small sample at this point).
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey wittsy171,

Unfortunately the video is marked as private. :f_cry:

Regards

Laz
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Fixed
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Awesome. :f_drink:
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Todays keyword Tilt

Been playing after work and the sessions after work have been pretty bad and 2 of them resulted in mega tilt for me. I normally do not tilt or just get up and move away from the PC but 2 buyins lost the past two weeks have purely been down to tilt. I need to stop being so creative with my play because players arent thinking deep enough or at all in some cases at 10NL.

Just struggling to get any volume in and feeling pretty crap about the last 5k hands in general some of it could have been variance but thats a easy excuse

Graph below for the month, it could be worse
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Todays keyword: Folding

Wish I could fold when I am clearly beat thought i got over this at 4nl.

Stopped playing on Micro-gaming for now and took deal from the deals page on the Ipoker Network, first session down 4 buyins after 400 hands. Think I was unlucky in two big hands which was about 1.5 buyins, I managed to stack of with pocket QQs (SB v BB) and the BB had aces I think i should have folded pre just based on the speed of the click back. Made a King high full house in the next hand and the other guy has aces on the button. I just think I should be able to fold some of this but :rolleyes: . I over played pocket jacks and I need to slow down and think, I think I went to auto pilot which is never good.

I still have 32 buyins for 10nl but I mite drop down to 4NL for a bit, is that a bit on the nit side?

Il stop the rant this happens to everyone I guess, I am just paranoid about my own decision making sometime, think i have lost some confidence over the last week. I wonder if its burn out, I work play poker and work and play poker maybe read a poker article etc etc (you get the idea) maybe break it up with some Diablo 3 or running.

Positive that came from the session - Didn't know Q2o was a legit defence from the BB but seen that today, you cant say pokers dead I guess.
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Todays Keyword: Focus

Been working on my mental game the past week and trying to think about my mental state during the session These articles are helping

I just run through the below checklist, its really hard to be honest with yourself when your just not 100% focused or tilted.

How do I feel right now?
        How good is my actual condition?
        Does my condition really correspond to the way I feel?
        Am I fit enough to play?
        Am I still able to play my A-game?

Been playing on Ipoker (PS deal) its going alright so far, I feel like I have been playing mega tight and calling river bets to wide. I am going to look at some hands and put them in Equilab.

I also recorded myself playing two tables a few days ago it has not been edited but if anyone wants to watch it the video is below. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Graph update
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Keyword for this update will be: Heater

Well I think I am one which is great but I still have the occasional losing session, but my mental game is getting so much better I just need discipline to keep playing when I know its the A game. Signed up to another microgaming site, Betway for that signup bonus etc.

I just wanted to ask the question - When is the right time to move up? I have a bank roll for 20nl (26 buyins in euros) but it doesnt feel like I have played at 10NL enough. Total hands tracked is 50k but this was mostly 4NL.

10NL stats

There is no rush to move up but I would like to demonstrate I am a half decent player and potentially be a coach in the long term. Thought I would share one of my hands below which is example of the run good I have experienced. I just wanted to steal the 60p pre flop, and after watching many videos I like to mix up my play

Microgaming - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Player 1 (BTN): 116.4 BB
      ilikebubbles (SB): 158.2 BB
      Player 3 (BB): 99.5 BB
      Player 4 (UTG): 136.5 BB
      Player 5 (MP): 98.3 BB
      Player 6 (CO): 107 BB

ilikebubbles posts SB 0.5 BB, Player 3 posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) ilikebubbles has 6:spade: 5:spade:

fold, Player 5 raises to 3 BB, fold, Player 1 calls 3 BB, ilikebubbles raises to 12 BB, fold, Player 5 calls 9 BB, Player 1 calls 9 BB

Flop: (37 BB, 3 players) 4:diamond: 7:heart: 9:club:
      ilikebubbles bets 17 BB, fold, Player 1 calls 17 BB

Turn: (71 BB, 2 players) J:spade:
      ilikebubbles checks, Player 1 bets 25 BB, ilikebubbles calls 25 BB

River: (121 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      ilikebubbles bets 59 BB, Player 1 calls 59 BB

ilikebubbles shows 6:spade: 5:spade: (Straight, Seven High)
      (Pre 18%, Flop 26%, Turn 18%)
      Player 1 mucks 7:spade: 7:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Sevens)
      (Pre 82%, Flop 74%, Turn 82%)
      ilikebubbles wins 236 BB
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Silver
      Its been a long time since I update this, and made it up to 25nl, on a non hud site but now its just playing the same people most of the time and it gets a bit stale.

I am now going to try SNG's and MTT's because I love action, probably going to play $1-5 buyins on 888 and maybe stars.