flaws in quiz questions

• arturo123
      arturo123
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I think there are some flaws in the quiz question:

3/20: You and your opponent both have between 14 and 24 Big Blinds. You are in late position with a pair of duces. Everyone folded in front of you. What do you do?
      It depends if you are on the Cutoff seat or the Button which choice you make.

12/20: You and your opponents have between 14 and 24 Big Blinds. One player raised from late position. All other players fold. You hold an ace and a ten (AJ). What do you do ?
      AJ is obviously not the same as ace ten. The frustrating part is that the answer is different according to which option you use.

However, I passed the exam!

Regards,
      ArturoBianco
  • 6 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello arturo123,

Thank you for pointing this out. The entire SNG quiz block will be changed in the coming days.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • awp2004
      awp2004
      Basic
      I dont understand. According to the SSS you are only supposed to make raises or fold?? And you never play cards like 88? It doesnt say anything about just calling if you are sitting in a later position where eeryone folded.

I had a question bout 88 and a5 suit. How am I supposed to interpret this?

Thanks, cause I keep failing even tho I understand all the principles
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by awp2004
      I dont understand. According to the SSS you are only supposed to make raises or fold?? And you never play cards like 88? It doesnt say anything about just calling if you are sitting in a later position where eeryone folded.

I had a question bout 88 and a5 suit. How am I supposed to interpret this?

Thanks, cause I keep failing even tho I understand all the principles
      Hi awp2004

You are correct... with SSS you only raise or fold based on the cards you hold, your position, and whether you are playing in an unraised pot or not.

The answers are all in the articles... don't try to apply the strategies you may have previously used, use the ones provided and you'll do fine.

Good luck!
    • awp2004
      awp2004
      Basic
      So the correct answer is not to do anything with 88 ie?

I know its all in the articles, but why do they set up scenarios which youa re never told to play (all oter hands but the ones in the chart).

I still dont understand why you shouldnt call an average hand/suit if you can get away with payig BB in late position
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thats because you have no equity to call / limp or whatever. If you limp and hit your set for example (if you play 88) you will only get paid in the best situation 20 BB.

So there is a small chance for hitting and when you hit you cant win enough to compensate.

So you NEVER limp, NEVER :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by awp2004
      So the correct answer is not to do anything with 88 ie?

I know its all in the articles, but why do they set up scenarios which youa re never told to play (all oter hands but the ones in the chart).

I still dont understand why you shouldnt call an average hand/suit if you can get away with payig BB in late position
      Hi awp2004,

Hands that are not in the chart are to be folded. So if a hand doesn't appear in the chart - just fold it (and apply this knowledge to answer the quiz question).

Best regards
      SoyCD