• Ockhamsrazor

I'm a Swedish Limit player playing 2/4 to 20/40 6max and HU and have done so for 11 years. I play 25 hours a week and I play on most networks but the games are drying up to the extent that I have to learn how to play NL and/or Omaha in order to keep up my Hourly wage. I aim to play NL when I don't get any action on the limit tables.
      I would appreciate suggestions on what steps I should take in order to learn NL efficiently both in terms of time and in terms of knowledge.
      Do you have any curriculum I can follow? I have played some NL (50 000 hands at 0.5/1 and 1/2) through the years being a slight winner but have not exactly known what the hell I've been doing.
      I can think of buying a gold/platinum membership but I need to get the basics right first so I need a rough step-by-step plan.

• 2 replies
    • SvenBe
      Hi Ockhamsrazor,

if you played up to $20/$40 Limit, I am pretty sure that you have a very good understanding of the basics. Typically for FL players their theoretical knowledge is strong, as well as their hand reading abilities.
      I would go for a mixed strategy:

1) increase your theoretical knowledge about what is going on in NL games. Am I expecting right that you will not start on Micros but rather NL25 or higher?
      - Exploits - 1st lesson: Autoprofit
      - The average ranges of players ->silver status needed. Also see what your average opponent does: 6 max ranges Gold status needed - They will be reviewed in the next months to be up to date,
      - Make sure your game plan is up to date requires gold and platinum status

2) Get the feeling for the game: I would recommend to watch the game in action.
      - Our Live coachings by experts ilares, Asimos and w34z3l ->silver & gold
      - Various Twitch Channels by both unknown and expert players -> for free, look into the poker-category on Twitch
      - Our video section: You will find liveplay and review videos of every limit. Particularly interesting here: Climb the stakes with videos of every limit from Micros to highstakes + infos on what you should focus on.

If you decide to buy a status, please know that you can upgrade by paying the difference (minus the time used). Also, if you decided to go with one of our tracked poker rooms, you'd be grinding for the status instead of paying + on top you can use the free money offer Free money offer

• 4s4s4s
      Hi. Good luck!