Bonus question

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I see ppl posting about how they lose at the tables and still come out ahead due to bonuses. How can I make more money through bonuses at Titan?
      atm I play NL2-20 FR with around $643 BR (losing at nl20)

Edit: Please explain like Im a 5 yr old
  • 5 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I suggest you move to rake back site FTP or cake;) You get more "bonuses" and also first deposit bonuses are nice there.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Brood, I have to agree with slikec,

Currently grinding FTP and producing a nice little profit, however the rakeback is so effective that you could actually aim to just break even on play alone.

The beauty of FTP is also the IronMan promo, where regular play results in extra bonuses twice a year (Jan & July), this alone is well worth the effort involved.

Having experienced both ipoker (without RB) & FTP (with), I would be very relunctant to play (any amount of) cash ring tables without RB now. Will probably consider Cake to run alongside FTP in the future, but currently more than happy with FTP (via PokerStrategy of course).

Good lucky buddy,

Bart
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey guys ;)

I would like to amend here that it really depends on the limits and the style + volume you are playing at. Its also important to differentiate between the different types of rakeback while being aware of the worth of bonus systems.

Just because a site doesn't offer rakeback doesn't mean you aren't receiving a good amount of your rake back (Titan for example in their old bonus system was giving 70-80% rakeback to many of the PokerStrategy SSS players due to the way their bonus system was conceived). On the other note - just because a site offers you very high rakeback doesn't mean you are actually getting a lot. It all depends on how they calculate the rake you are getting rakeback from (is it dealt or contributed rake) and what kind of stuff they subtract from your gross rake.

My suggestion is to find a site where you get decent bonuses (or rakeback) and more importantly feel comfortable playing at. Loyalty schemes are just a bonus and you shouldn't be depending on them to make a profit. Usually they represent just a small part of your overall winrate. As such playing at a fishier site with lower bonuses will often be more lucrative than playing at a rakeback site while being up against tougher opponents.

Especially at lower limits - I would advise to work on your winrate and not to rely on bonuses. Its simply much more important to concentrate on the game.

I do however think that rooms such as Cake - where you have rakeback + bonus + no HUDs or Tracking software allowed - is in fact interesting for exploiting weaker players - since you will find a lot of fish there.

Hope to have helped :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Very helpful, but after reading some horror stories about ppl trying to withdraw/transfer money I am inclined to stick with Titan for now.
      Plus I'm lazy/like to keep things simple.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good points, well made Soy, thanks.

Bart.