This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

suited one gappers vs suited connetors

• Apollos92
      Apollos92
      Bronze
      It differs around 1% equity between 56s and 57s against AA. But why is that? I guess it's because it's harder to make a straight with 57s, but why?
  • 3 replies
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      Smaller the gap is, there is more possibilities how to make straight and how easy it is to do it. It´s mathematical law, I would say, I hope I´m not wrong with this mathematical saying :D

Take it this way, you need more cards for same amount of straights as you get with less cards win no gapper.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      It is more interesting to see how well the hands flop. A connector can flop 3 different open-ended straight draws, while a gapper can flop only 2. This is quite important as far as playbility goes. It is much better to flop a straight draw than a flush draw (because they are so obvious).
    • KrisRukov
      KrisRukov
      Coach
      Coach
      the easy way to think about it (without the calculations ) is that with 75 you have 3 possible straights ( 986, 864, 643 ) but with 65 you have 4 ( 987, 874, 743, 432 ) or in other words there are more combos making your straight.

For double gappers there are 2 ways only ( for ex. 74 has 653 and 865 ) and triple gapper has only 1 way ( ex. 73 has 654 )