ICM Trainer for DoNs?

• 6 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Knighter99,

You can change the settings, so that there is more players involved in the hand. But....

You can't amend the payout structure (that I know of) so that the top 5 people get payed. Which of course changes the ICM calculations.

As far as i'm aware PokerStrategy isn't going to implement this (atleast anytime soon).

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Knighter99
      Knighter99
      Basic
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hi Knighter99,

You can change the settings, so that there is more players involved in the hand. But....

You can't amend the payout structure (that I know of) so that the top 5 people get payed. Which of course changes the ICM calculations.

As far as i'm aware PokerStrategy isn't going to implement this (atleast anytime soon).

Regards,
      Stiev
      Many thanks for your response.

I don't see the change as particularly significant in terms of development time. Is there somebody here who I could contact on this subject?

How often is the software updated? I have been using it for a few months and I don't remember it needing to be updated.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Knighter99,

I checked your ticket history and will try to give an overall answer :) You weren't able to post in the software forum (just as you currently can't post in some of our strategy or hand evaluation forums) since you are still a basic member. Basic refers to your status in our member rewards system which you can read up on here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/rewards/

Essentially you generate points by playing over tracked accounts - which you create by using our bonus codes. It doesn't matter if the account was created using our codes for free starting capital (for which you need to pass the quiz) or whether you simply used a first deposit bonus (links are attached at bottom of the post).

In regards to your question regarding re-calculation for ICM - there is currently nothing planned since our development team is putting most of its resources into working on the PokerStrategy Elephant.

I will however ask one of the developers into what the chances are that the DON format will be integrated.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Knighter99
      Knighter99
      Basic
      Thanks very much for you help. I am eagerly anticipating your feedback from the developers.

Just as an aside, as I understand it Elephant is a tracker / HUD type program. There are already a number of these products about and your product has very little maket presence (or share) from what I can see.

I think the ICM trainer is an excellent utility which could be bought (I would certainly pay for it) and has a chance to be a market leader in it's field. Particularly if you incorporate a few additional features to enable it to reach a wider potential market.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work!!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Knighter99,

I have talked to one of the development heads and he has confirmed that current attention is being put on the Elephant - since it is still missing a lot features that need to be implemented. While you are right in saying there is a lot of these products about - it does have quite a wide distribution among our own member base - which is of course anxiously awaiting new updates.

He said if you could however describe what features you would like to have in the ICM trainer in the most exact manner possible (so perhaps other things aside from just DON compatibility - like general Satellite compatibility or other things) in a thread in the software forum (I guess I could move it there for you - if you aren't bronze by then) that they would see into implementing them.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Knighter99
      Knighter99
      Basic
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hi Knighter99,

I have talked to one of the development heads and he has confirmed that current attention is being put on the Elephant - since it is still missing a lot features that need to be implemented. While you are right in saying there is a lot of these products about - it does have quite a wide distribution among our own member base - which is of course anxiously awaiting new updates.

He said if you could however describe what features you would like to have in the ICM trainer in the most exact manner possible (so perhaps other things aside from just DON compatibility - like general Satellite compatibility or other things) in a thread in the software forum (I guess I could move it there for you - if you aren't bronze by then) that they would see into implementing them.

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Thanks for replying and giving my suggestion further consideration.

Please feel free to post a message in the software forum if you think it would get more attention.

In the meantime, here is my proposal for some key improvements:

1) In Filter settings - "Poker portal" allowing users to choose the number of players and payout structure via drop down menus or input fields would cover all possibilities such as DoNs, satellites etc.

Example:

10 players

5 places paid

Position 1=20%
      Position 2=20%
      Position 3=20%
      Position 4=20%
      Position5=20%

2) Giving each hand a unique number so that after training, users could share the number of interesting hands to assist further discussion.

3) The option to re-train with an existing handlist to compare results over time. I periodically review sets of 50 hands I have saved and see how my knowledge is improving but it's difficult when I already know I have got the decision wrong the first time I answered it. Being able to review exactly the same hands at different time intervals without knowing your previous results would be interesting

4) Being able to share a handset with a friend or study group by exporting a set of hands that you have already answered (but with blank results when shared) so common "problem hands" could be identified would also be useful.